20.

The sound of Vito puking his guts out wakes Madison out of her slumber. She sits up slowly ignoring the pain that shoots straight to her vagina. She rubs the sleep out of her eyes ,her arm blocks the bright sun rays from her face. She slides off the bed,limping to the dresser slowly. Her eyes study her reflection, thumbing the tear stains. Her eyes run down to her purplish wrist. She closes her eyes as the memories of earlier begin flooding to her. The footsteps approaching shakes the memories away. Her eyelids open and Vito approaches her.

"Good morning."

"Morning." She mumbles

He drags himself towards the bed and falls forward.

"Need some tylenol?" She asks limping back to the bed

"Please."

She reaches in the night stand and pulls out a bottle of pills. She rolls them over to him and lays on her side staring at him.

He twists the caps and shakes out two tablets. He drops the medication in his mouth and swallows it. A breath escapes his lips before he takes a look at Madison.

"How are you feeling?" He asks

"Okay...you?" She questions back

"Like crap but the meds will kick in soon."

They both stare at one another not saying a word.

"Where's Cairo?" Vito asks finally breaking the silence

"I had to bring him to his room."

"Oh right." He says gripping on his beard

"I can't remember much."

"Does this help you?" Madison asks showing her bruised wrist

"I PUT MY HANDS ON YOU?" he panics

"Not in any way I didn't allow you to."

He grabs her wrist gently and places his other hand on top of it.

"Does it hurt?"

"No" she mutters

His fingers traced around her wrist shaking his head.

"I didn't mean for this to happen. Honestly I did-

"It won't happen again." Madison says cutting him off

"This morning was good but it didn't change my mind. You just put me in a hard situation. Maybe I didn't really like him, maybe it was just lust but you're wrong for that. Victor I don't know what to do anymore,It feels like you're trapping my life around you. You can't just do me wrong and think an expensive ring was going to change my mind."

Vito stays quiet for a second before nodding.

"I understand" he agrees

"I was so angry at you...still am"

"Look Madison I thought that I could kill two birds with one stone and-

"And you didn't...I feel like a fool not knowing y'all did this. You allowed this man to get to know me all along for what? What if we didn't work out? Another heartbreak on top of another."

"Ivy I know what I want, actually I know what I need...you. I need you and I need my family back." Vito states

"It's like we're going in circles. You don't want me. You just want to rule me. You enjoy the fact of being my first. You enjoy the power of knowing I will always be here for you. I thought that it was you I wanted but Victor I don't even know what I want for myself. All I know is that I want to become a photographer and now that Cairo and Layla are a part of me, I want to be the best mother I can be."