Chapter 2

Sophie stared at the blinking green light, wondering how this whole mess came to be.

"Sophie?" Biana whispered, "Sophie?" 

Sophie slowly looked over to Biana "What am I going to do?"

Her eyes started to well up with tears. Biana scooted beside her and put her hand on her back.

"It's going to be okay. I'm here, I'll help. You don't have  to tell anyone, but do you think you'll at least tell Keefe?" Biana hugged Sophie as silent tears fell down her face.

"I don't know." Sophie said just above a whisper. She just stared at the ground, mind buzzing with so many thoughts she couldn't understand, as Biana hugged her.

Sophie looked at her clock on the wall and realized that her telepathy session was going to start in 10 minutes. She slowly pulled away from Biana, wiping away her tears, "I have class." 

Biana nodded and stood up "Remember, I'm here when you need me."

She grabbed the brush that was still laying on the ground and handed it to Sophie "Here, you might want to look a bit more presentable." She smiled and Sophie gave her a smile back that didn't quite reach her eyes.

She took a deep breath and looked at Biana."I'm going to be okay," She paused, "right?"

"Of course you are, you're Sophie foster after all." Biana gave her one last hug and let her go on her way to class. 

Sophie walked over to the elevator where Sandor was, "Ready to go?" she asked as she stepped into it and watched him step in too.

"Anything I should know about?" He asked looking her up and down, probably looking for any injuries.

"Nope, just the daily gossip." She smiled at him and looked back at the wall.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the elevator dinged and the doors opened. She walked down the glittering halls towards her session door. When she got to the door she took a deep breath and walked in to be met with an unmistakable face of Fitz.

She forgot that today was Congate day. 

"Hey." She said as she put her books down and sat in her comfortable chair. She had forced Tiergan to get her a much more comfy chair then her old wooden one. 

"Hey, why are you late?" Fitz asked with a puzzled look. Sophie looked at him and realized that she was 5 minutes late.

"Oh. I guess I just lost track of time, I was just chatting with Biana." She looked back up, meeting his eyes, he was about to say something, but thankfully Tiergan came in the room before he could say anything.

"Okay, sorry I'm late. You guys ready for today's session?" Tiergan asked out of breath, he must've been running.

"Yep." Fitz said while Sophie just looked at Tiergan. 

"Ok, so today we're going to try to trigger a memory. I'm going to insert a memory into one of your brains and then wash it away. After, the other person is going to try to trigger it and be able to decern what the memory was." Tiergan said getting his notes together.

"Sounds fun." Sophie said, still thinking about the baby when she realized she should keep that thought tucked away so that Fitz and Tiergan wouldn't see it.

"Fitz, you're up first." Tiergan walked over to him, put his hands on his temples and stood like that for a few minutes, before he let go and said "Done" He looked at Sophie "Okay, now you have to go and try to trigger it. The memory has something to do with summer." 

Sophie nodded, leaned towards Fitz and put her fingers on his temples. "Hey," Sophie jumped as Fitz's voice filled her head, "What's wrong, I can tell you and Biana talked about something that bothered you."  

Sophie scrambled to come up with a good excuse.

"We were just talking about my human family." It wasn't a total lie, and Fitz bought it so she started to try to trigger his memory.

After a couple try's she got it and then they repeated the process on her.

At that they were done their session and Sophie got up to start to gather her books.

"Where are you going so quickly?" Fitz asked in an accusing voice. He crossed his arms and almost looked defensive, staring at her expecting an answer.

"I promised Biana that I'd leave right away and go shopping with her." Sophie said in a drab tone, "I wish I could stay, but I don't want to suffer Biana's sparkly wrath if I don't go." She faked a laugh.

"Oh, okay. See you later?" He asked.

"Sure!" She said enthusiastically "See ya." She walked out the door and headed to the elevator, Sandor following her.

She got to the elevator and waited for it to come pick her up. While she was waiting she got distracted by a crooked piece of art that hung on the wall. 

"Hey, Foster." Sophie swung her head, and there he was, "How's it going?"

Keefe Scencen with a smirk on his face.