chapter nine

I felt Tommy's gaze meet my own.

His eyes were full of compassion and concern. Something you would rarely see in him.

"Common, you don't want to fall asleep in that. I think that Will bought some sweats. Then once you're in some better clothes, then you can fall asleep," He said, walking over to me and helping me up.

I stumbled over to bathroom and changed into a pair of sweatpants and one of Tommy's sweatshirts. I quickly put my hair into a messy bun, leaving the makeup still on my face.

I walked back over to the couch and curled up into a ball, trying to warm my body.

"Tommy, can you grab a blanket please," I mumbled.

Before long, Tommy came walking over, a warm blanket in his arms. He wrapped the blanket around me as he sat down.

I felt the warmth envelope my whole body. I opened my eyes and immediately my gaze met Tommy's.

"What is it?" I asked sitting upright, tears welling up in my eyes from my exhaustion.

"Shh, nothings wrong Cam,-" He said pulling my into a hug-,"I just thought you looked cute."

I laid my head down on his shoulder, my arms wrapped around his torso. Before I knew it, I was sound asleep.

My night wasn't as restless as I thought it was going to be.

There were many times when I woke up randomly, but Tommy was always there to help me back to sleep.

Throughout the entire night, I felt this overwhelming wave of comfort from Tommy.

I could hear every breath he took and every slow beat of his heart.

There was one point in the night when one of Wilbur's cats jumped onto the couch, causing me to screech.

As soon as I made the noise, he shot up.

He glanced down at me. "Are you alright?" He asked, his voice full of worry.

I nodded my head, tears streaking down my face.

"It was just a stupid cat," I choked out.

He pulled my into his grasp again, his heart racing from the boost of adrenaline.

"There's no need to cry. I'm right here," He whispered into my ear.

Soon enough, I fell back asleep on Tommy's arms, knowing that nothing could hurt me while I was with him.

When the sun began to rise, my eyes immediately opened. I knew what I had to do. I poked Tommy a couple of times on his shoulder.

"I'm going outside to watch the sunrise if you want to join me,"I whispered into his ear.

I walked out of his grasp and opened the front door. Immediately after I did that, an alarm went off, sirens blaring.

"Who's entered the house? Okay, I will call the authorities," Wilbur yelled.

"Its just me Will. Sorry. I wanted to go outside and watch the sunrise. But I didn't know that there was an alarm. Toby's house doesn't have on," I hollered back.

"Cam, what are you doing up so early?" Niki asked, rubbing her eyes as she walked down the stairs.

"I don't think it would be a good idea to go outside this morning. The neighborhood isn't exactly the safest," Wilbur responded. "Just head back to the couch, the window gives a pretty decent view of the sunrise."

I shut the front door and walked back to the couch.

Tommy had the blanket wrapped around his body and had fallen sound asleep.

I sat down next to the boy and began to play with his hair.

I couldn't get how someone who on the outside was so loud and annoying could also be caring and considerate on the inside. It was like he completely changed.

And after what I had went through last night, it just confirmed what my feelings were for Tommy.

I did like him, and I knew that there was nothing anyone could do to change that.

I felt a smile appear on my face. In this moment, I knew that life felt perfect. This single moment in one life time felt like winning the lottery.

As I continued to fantasize, Toby walked in.

It was like he completely ignored the fact that Tommy was asleep and sat down on the other end of the couch.

"How did you sleep Cam, considering it was with Tommy," He said a cheeky smile appearing on his face.

"Toby shut up. Okay. You know that I like him, but I am sure that there is nothing between us. I just like fantasizing about things that will never happen," I replied.

"Cam, I wish that I was able to record every single time that Tommy's face has lit up when he sees you. I've known him for all my life, and I've never seen him act the way he has last night. He actually cares for you. There's no way that he doesn't like you."

I thought about this for a while. "Let's just act like this conversation never happened. Alright Tommy doesn't like me, and I know I could live with that." I replied.

I felt Tommy stir and he said, "Its really hard to get some extra sleep when you two talk so loud."

Word Count~874