Chapter 19: Lucy

Chapter 19: Lucy

The feeling of running around through the trees with the air brushing against my fur and just letting my tongue dangle around as I swerved around the obstacles that nature placed on my path.

I looked back at Xavier to see how close to me he was and that's when I saw the determined look in his yellow eyes. Oh he wants a race, let's give him one. 

I growled at him, my ears raised again as I heard him pick up the pace. I quickly dodged a falling tree before I ran even faster, focusing purely on winning. 

He was trained better than me but my wolf was competitive and I did have a slight head-start. I'm not going to lie, it took a lot for me to be comfortable with running out in the open like this but he did his best and ultimately it allowed me to go on this runs with him. Xavier assured me that my wolf wouldn't be harmed. I got used to this feeling of being able to run without having to watch my back every second.

About 2 minutes later he finally caught up to me and tackled me into the ground, his wolf's weight holding me down. 

We wrestled around growling at each other even biting the other one, until I shifted trying to slip under him but he shifted too. His hands grabbed mine and placed them over my head, his knees separating my legs. 

I think we both realized exactly in what position we were in at the same time. 

"Xavier..." I trailed off as I saw where his eyes were heading. 

He cleared his throat before letting go of my hands. He did not get off from me though, he didn't want to and me either. But we were naked and on top of grass which wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing ever. 

I raised my hands and pushed his hair out of his face. "Xavier, grass is in places where is not exactly hygienic. We can continue this in the house, don't you think?" I said to him and he smiled before getting off me. I had to close my eyes to not see anything I didn't want to see yet until he came back and offered me his hand to stand up.

"I'm dressed and I suggest you do too for both of our sakes" He said and I opened only one eye to make sure he was dressed. 

"You lied to me, you forgot a shirt" I whispered before taking the clothes he had for me in his hands. I quickly put on the sundress and underwear I had on before we took the run, thank god for running in circles. I had just come from the mall with my parents so I wasn't exactly dressed for the forest but oh well.

"Babe I'm shirtless half of the time you see me. I sleep half naked next to you every night and you want me to put on a shirt why?" He genuinely seemed confused.

"Xavier, you see me in one of your shirts every night before bed. What's your reaction each time?" I asked and he nodded his head. 

"Touché" He said laughing, and going over to me to kiss me a kiss on my forehead. "You look beautiful in that dress"

"I'm going to the river a second. Wait for me" I said to him as I walked only a few trees away to where the sound of the water splashing could be heard. I reached down into the water and grabbed some with my palm to clean the mud from my ankle and legs. 

As soon as I stood up something grabbed a hold of my leg. I screamed but immediately calmed down once I saw the little girl clinging to me. She had to be around 2 or 3 years old. 

She was so pretty, she had red hair with freckles all over her face. Her hazel eyes were filled with tears as she looked up at me, waiting for something. 

"Hello" I said in that automatic high voice you make around babies and dogs. I knelt down on the patch of grass beside me so I could be around the same height as her.