Chapter 61

"Drop it Enzo."

He continued cleaning my wound but more tense. "I'm going to fucking kill them."

His voice became one of fury, but collected in an eery way. I took his face into my hands and made him look at me, the last thing I wanted was for Enzo to go against his family. I knew how reckless Enzo could be when it came to me.

"I'm okay." I reassured, but that didn't seem to faze him. I started to caress his cheek with my thumb, trying to ease him up. "No anger Enzo."

Still, there was no effect until a few moments went by, and he gave in by lowering his eyes from my touch.

"Promise me you'll let it go." I said quietly. He didn't reply, making me look into his eyes sternly. "Enzo..."

He put away the bottle of alcohol, and stepped back. and I slipped off the counter and followed him. I wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his back. "I'm not letting go until you promise me."

"I'm not complaining." He replied making me fight the urge to roll my eyes. I knew that this man had one weakness, and I was going to use that to my advantage.

"Fine." I breathed and pulled away from him. I got into the shower, not needing to strip because I was already nude. He watched me with dry confusion, but I just continued on with my cleansing like I wasn't under his observation.

He licked his teeth before leaving into the bedroom. When I was done, I changed into one of his shirts and left the bedroom.

My eyes scanned the area for him, seeing him on the couch typing something on his laptop.

"What are you doing?" I asked, sitting next to him as his eyes followed.

"Work."

A scoff left my mouth, but I realised her was being serious. I silently watched him work, which was really interesting because he never did work at college.

I placed my head on his shoulder, breathing in his scent of cigarettes and cologne. A warmth grew in my chest, I knew what I was feeling, like I'd do anything just to stay here forever. Next to him.

I had completely drowned in him, and I had no intention of coming back out. He put his laptop away when he was done, and sat back. I stared at him with a burning question in my chest.

"Are you still mad at your family?"

"Goddamn it Shy, let me deal with my family."

"Not if you're going to cause another feud because of me. My father's dead now. Your family were his enemies, not mine and Theo's."

He sighed and put his head back, conflicted. "Come on." I breathed, sprawling my fingers on his chest. I made him look at me, and inched my mouth close to his. "How can I convince you?"

"You can't."

"You must have some sort of weakness." I said before pressing my lips against his. When I pulled away to see his reaction, I saw a grin form on his mouth.

"I know what you're doing signora."

"What am I doing?" I asked innocently before kissing him again.