xlvi. Run & Hide

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter forty six | run & hide

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

KAYA WAS NOT in the mood to see anyone else at this particular moment, and so found herself sitting in the window of one of the more empty corridors, in her attempt to stay as far away from the rest of the school as possible.

As much as she tried, she could not remember the previous events in which she'd beaten Andrew Edwards to a pulp - she could remember getting angry and storming off to find him, but that was as far as it went.

Of course, when saying she didn't want to see anyone, there might have been one small exception to that statement - and that exception was Fred Weasley.

The red-head had found Kaya immediately after she'd disappeared from the scene, and sat himself opposite her in the window still of the lonesome, empty corridor. He'd filled her in with every single detail on what she'd just done, glowing with pride as he did so.

"I mean," he said. "I don't usually like it when people are angry - I'm not saying I like it when you're angry - but..." he whistled under his breath. Kaya broke into a small grin which immediately dimmed due to the sorrowful expression plastered across her face.

"Have I fucked up?" she asked him.

"Oh, big time," he nodded. Kaya's frown became even more defined. "But hey, you're free!" Fred added, quickly. "No more Head Girl duties that you hated so much. That's got to be a weight off your shoulders, eh? And, well, I can tell you Alfie'll have no worries as long as you're there, I can guarantee that. Nobody'll dare touch him, now."

Kaya nodded, giving her boyfriend a weak smile. She could feel her eyes becoming glossy, but she simply refused to let the tears fall. Her forehead was coming out in a much larger bruise now, a lump taking up it's left side and the skin was starting to turn a mixture of purple and black. Fred gently ran his finger along the surface, before carefully placing a kiss on top of it, making sure he wasn't putting too much pressure on it. Her knuckles were swelled and bruised, too, and so he gingerly held them in his own warm hands, careful not to hurt them with his grip.

"I'm just gonna say it, you're so fit," he said, and was then pleased to see Kaya let out a light laugh at his statement. "Like, hot as fuck. I obviously already thought you were before, let's be honest, everyone thinks you are - but I honestly think this just made me love you even more,"

Kaya blinked.

"You what?"

Fred was slightly confused at the girl's reaction, and spent a moment wondering what he'd just said that could've made her pause. Then he realised.