Chapter 2- "There Is A New Child Among Us"

A few days later I woke up at 11:24 AM to a DM from Tommy demanding my phone number. I groaned but sent it anyway. I mean, he probably won’t dox me and I figure if he wants to bother me, let him. I mean, I got to talk to one of my favorite streamers because of him and him showing me on stream had gotten my follower count crazy high on all my socials, the least I can let him do in repayment is send me insults at 4AM.

Unknown
WOMAN

Me
What’s up Tommy?

Tommy (Hamilton Kinnie)
We need a tenth for Among Us 
stream. Interested?

Me
Sure, give me a minute though.

    I pulled on my P!ATD shirt and some shorts before making my hair presentable and booting up my computer. I started a stream entitled “Among Us W/ Tommyinit and Co.” and said hi to my Chat as I joined the discord Tommy had sent me and used the code to join the game which included Tommy, Tubbo, Wilbur, Dream, Gogy, SnapMap, Fundy, Karl, and Quackity.

“Good, the woman has finally showed up.” Tommy said.

“Bitch, you act like I’m late, you told me about this literally three minutes ago.” I replied flatly. Everyone in the call laughed and ‘Owch’ed at that.

“So you didn’t need me to defend you yesterday, dang Nyxie!” Wilber said.

“It looks like we have a new child Among Us. Get it cause we’re playing Among Us?” Said Karl. I giggled at his terrible pun even though no one else did.

“Hi, Nikesonima7!” I heard Tubbo say brightly.

“It’s Nyx-somnia, idiot.” Tommy said.

“TOMMY!” Wilbur and I admonished in unison. Tommy proceeded to make defensive noises while Tubbo chuckled at us.

“Sorry for saying your name wrong, Nyxsomnia.” Tubbo said, carefully pronouncing my username.

“It’s all good Tubbo. I’ve seen enough of your videos and streams to know you can’t read sometimes.” I replied.

“OH YEAH! THIS ONE SIMPS FOR YOU, TUBBO!” Tommy cackled.

“I do not!” I whined and pouted to my camera. Chat started yelling at him.

“Children stop yelling or we’ll find someone else to play with instead of you guys!” Dream threatened.

“Fuck you, green man.” Tommy said. Dream scoffed but started the match.

I was a crewmate and did my tasks like a good space bean (I managed to do admin card on my third try. Chat was proud of me.) until I was MURDERED. IN COLD BLOOD. BY HECKING DREAM. IN STORAGE. Chat listened to me screech for a few seconds before I laughed it off and continued my tasks for the twelve seconds it took for Tubbo to find my lifeless little (your main color) corpse and report it.

“Not cool, man. Who killed the poor new girl?” Asked Dream as the meeting began. I rolled my eyes playfully and my chat continued to yell about me being the only and first kill of the round. 

“Not me, I invited the woman. And I was with Tubbo in storage. Ya know this game is the one time I’m glad you’re so clingy, Tubbo.” Tommy said quickly.

“Huh?” Tubbo asked. I had seen him stream Among Us before so I knew he had been mildly zoned out trying to process what was happening.

“Where even was the body?” Quackity asked, trying to actually focus on the game for a second. They did the whole Among Us thing of heated discussions before just calling Big Q sus and yeeting him off the ship. I finished my tasks and decided to haunt Tubbo and Tommy in time to see Tommy stab Tubbo just as lights went out. We had both finished our tasks so Tubbo and I hung out in ghost chat for the entire rest of the round. 

Toob
You’re the fangirl who roasted Tommy on his stream a few 
days ago, right?

Nyxsomnia7
Yup ^-^

Toob
POG lol ^-^
Your thing is minecraft building right?

Nyxsomnia7
Yeah, I actually made a bee mansion once I first found your
 channel and became a fan of yours. (in creative, of course)

Toob
Really?! I’d love to see it someday!

Nysomnia7
I can show you after Among Us (on stream or off whichever you want)

Toob
That’d be awesome! (you can keep streaming if you want lol)

    Dream and Tommy won the round and we kept playing for a few hours. I never got to be Imposter, which I was kinda happy about since I sucked at being a murder bean. Everyone left but Tubbo, Tommy, and me.

“What are you two up to?” Tommy asked suspiciously, having heard me telling Tubbo I was giving him access to my world.

“Nyx said she made a build inspired by me once and is gonna show me!” Tubbo said happily.

“What? I need to see this crap too.” Tommy replied.

“Someone jealous that I made something for Tubbo and not him?” I teased as I also gave Tommy a way of accessing it.

“As if.” Tommy replied as I smirked at him. Chat was shouting “DEFO FLERTING” at us as the three of us loaded into the world. I lead the two boys over to the bee mansion I’d built.

“Whoa! This is awesome!” Tubbo said as he saw the towering walls of honeycomb supported by dark oak trees I had custom built with stained glass windows showing flowers and bees. The mansion was in the middle of a dark oak forest, which I had filled with beehives and flowers to make it more ambient and welcoming. 

“You like it?” I asked.

“Like it? It looks so pretty! I’d ask if I could build something like it on the Dream SMP if I thought I could actually do it and didn’t think it’d be completely destroyed at some point.” Tubbo said.

“I’m glad you like it. Wanna see the inside?” I asked. His avatar nodded violently and I heard Tommy scoffing at us and muttering “simps” under his breath as I showed him how I had decorated the many rooms. Tommy had to get off because his mom wanted him to do some chores before dinner. I was getting tired of keeping my stream going and Tubbo had already ended his, so I said goodbye to my chat and was surprised I had enough to raid again so I sent them Sykkuno’s way. “Did you actually mean it when you said that thing about liking my build so much you’d wanna borrow it or was that just for stream?” I asked Tubbo hesitantly.

“Of course I meant it! It’s beautiful, Nyx. A hundred times better than what I can do at least.” Tubbo replied.

“Thanks, Tubbo. Oh, my real name is (y/n) by the way if you don’t feel like calling me Nyx off stream.” 

“I’m Toby. So you think it feels a little weird too when fans call you by your real name?” 

“Yeah, I’ll probably get over it eventually but for now it’s weird.”

“This might sound kinda weird, but could I have your number?” 

“Sure, Toby. I’ll just type it in chat.”

After twenty minutes of us just talking and hanging out Toby hung up because he had to go to bed since he’s five hours ahead of me. I took a moment to process what had happened to me just now. I not only got to talk to most of my favorite streamers in the world, but I also came out of that day with Tubbo’s number and his friendship. Now that’s a good day.