 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 

i sigh, stepping onto the cart of the ferris wheel and sitting down on the hard plastic seat.

"you are making me wait in the cold. to ride on this fucking death wheel." i joke, crossing my arms.

tommy laughs, stepping into the cart and sitting down beside me, closing the door on his way in. he pulls his hoodie off over his head and hands it to me, giving me a quick smile.

"thank you.." i mumble, putting it on. it was much larger than me and smelled like tommy's cologne, which was a plus. i pull the sleeves onto my hands slightly and lean closer to tommy.

he wraps his arm around me, pulling me close as the ride starts up. we rise slowly, the fair growing smaller below us as we get higher and higher.

i look over the side slightly "you can see everything from up here toms! look at the lights!!" i say, smiling.

"it's beautiful." he admits, squeezing me a bit.

we reach our incline slowly, and the ferris wheel stops. it would stay at rest a few moments before it went back down, as it did with nearly all of the carts.

"cassidy?" tommy says, his voice cracking.

i turn to him, quirking an eyebrow and smiling once more. "yeah?"

"i have a question." he mumbles, looking at me. the expression on his face was enough to make me cry, his eyes were slightly squinted, and his leg began to bounce up and down.

i smile still, tilting my head to the side in question.

"will you be my partner?"

i feel my stomach drop. "will i what?" i ask again, my hands starting to shake.

"i asked if you'll be my gir- my partner." he says, looking at me again. this time his gaze was nervous. but loving. i could see the fear underlying, and i feel the tears start to run down my cheeks. i could tell this was hard for him, id have never expected him to ask me out, much less use they/them for me.

"yes. a thousand times yes." i sob, pulling him into a tight hug.

the ferris wheel lurches slightly and tommy jumps, pulling back quickly and taking my face in his hands.

our lips meet, and sparks fly. he and i fit perfectly, knowing exactly how to match eachothers movements and stay within perfect symmetry.

and at 11:17, on that windy brighton night, as the ferris wheel came down from its peak, i decided i believed in fate.

———

short n simple :) hope u all like it.

i wanted to make another PSA- i had someone assume i was sexualizing tommy? in the bit where he grabs cassidy's leg?? i in no way see that as sexual and i'm sorry if it came off as such. personally my love language is touch and i would just never see a simple gesture like grabbing someone's leg as sexual- sorry if u think i was doing anything like that?? i'm trying to remain as respeeectful as possible since tommy is a minor.

thx for 15k reads :) luv u all.
also take this screenshot i think it's hilarious