2

To say that Anthea was perplexed was an understatement. Her and Diluc had just arrived at Wangshu inn, and while his husband settled their things in their room,  she decided to take a stroll around the inn.

Though she only meant to wander aimlessly, her feet seem to have reckoned her body to go to a certain spot which lead her to the balcony. And when she arrived, there stood a young man about her height, too engrossed in marvelling at the country's lovely view.

When he felt her presence, he immediately turned around to face her. And as though he recognized the woman infront of him, his eyes widened.

Tears fell from the young man's eyes as he gazed upon her from head to toe. "Mother.. " He said in a familiar tone which caught Anthea off guard. And as the man ran towards her to cage her in his arms, she felt her heart pounded as if it recognized the man.

"I knew you'd return, Mother. I never lost hope just like you told me."

The young man's words pierced through Anthea's heart. So much that tears unkowingly fell from the corner of her eyes. She didn't know why she was feeling too emotional, but she felt as if she has seen someone she had been missing for a long time. But she knew she had to take control over her emotions, for she has never stepped on Liyue before, much more encounter a man like him which she suspected a being higher than mortals.

"I'm sorry." The man looked fazed that she suddenly pulled away. "But I think you got the wrong person. You see, I'm a Knight from Monstadt, and never had I given birth before." She spoke softly, unwilling to hurt his feelings. 

The man's eyes widened. His frown reflected how deeply hurt he was. "Is that so...I'm sorry, you looked like someone I knew."

As the young man walked away, she could feel the sadness radiating from his eyes, and as he disappeared from her sight, her heart ached for him as well, more than she thought it would.

Unable to understand her own feelings, she broke down. She itched to find something out from the back of her mind, like perhaps a distant memory. And when she couldn't find any, more tears fell from her eyes. For she felt as if there was somewhere else she was supposed to be, but she couldn't quite figure out where exactly. And the more she tries to dig her memories, the more frustrated she becomes.

When she has finally regained composure, she went back to her room to meet her husband who was laying on their bed with his black robe, waiting for her return.

Without another word, she laid beside him and tackled him with a tight embrace. And he willingly and openly embraced her back, never requiring any words of explanation to know that she needed his comfort.  

"I'm here." Diluc whispered in his wife's ear, protectively caging her in his arms. "My arms will always be open for you and only you. " He told her as he trailed light kisses on her head.