Take me far away from here

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or from any other author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original, originating from my mind.

Artemis
Bria, Lana and I ran through the woods with the crisp cold wind blowing through our fur. We jumped over rocks, leapt over fallen logs and skirted around trees. The exhilarating feeling of being in our wolf forms was too difficult to put into words. It was magical, it was amazing, it was...freedom.

After two hours of running, we stopped in the meadow where I sometimes came to be by myself, away from the obnoxious pack members. It was laced with gorgeous flowers, varying in different colours. The grass was damp from dew, the smell of earth after a long rain  shower was appealing and the sky was clear with stars too numerous to count littering the sky.

Caroline dropped down in a clearing next to a steam, crystal clear water flowing with ease and dipped her head in for a drink. Delilah and Skye followed and together we stood there drinking. After we drank our fill, we stretched out on the grass and relaxed under the moon light. Until Delilah decided to pounce on us and disrupt the ambience.

Skye and I growled playfully and we ganged up on Delilah who turned around and run for the hills; literally ran for the hills. We gave in pursuit and chased her for several minutes until she tripped on a rock and tumbled down the steep, grassy hill.

We ran down and jumped on her when she was still reeling from the shock of the fall. We rolled around in the grass several times before I got up and nodded in the direction we came from, indicating it was time to head back. It was probably ten in the night now, I had to heat up milk for my mother to drink before bed and I had to massage my father's feet with oil. If I was late for these two tasks, the consequences would not be pretty.

So we rose off the grass and ran in the direction we came from. The run to the packhouse was a little shorter than the run to the meadow since we took a shortcut. Soon we arrived at the packhouse, bathed in darkness and stopped at the verandah, where I moved a crate out of the way and produced a knapsack with three T-Shirts and three pairs of shorts, emergency clothes for when I shifted abruptly.

Fortunately the T-shirts and shorts were close enough to Bria and Lana's so they had no problem donning the clothes. We changed quickly and went inside through the back door. The kitchen was empty and the packhouse was silent.

I immediately got a mindlink from my father, demanding me to prepare mother's milk and oil for me to massage his feet.
"You lazy girl where were you?! It's time for my massage and your mother's glass of tumeric milk, get up here now and get it done, stupid girl!" He shouted harshly.
"Yes father I am coming," I replied meekly.

"What did you just call me? It's Alpha to you, slut," he sneered.
Caroline whimpered sadly at this. It hurt her terribly to hear her father speaking to her like this. Before he was so kind and loving, but now...
"My apologies Alpha, I am coming now with oil for you and milk for mothe... Luna," I said.
"That's better, now hurry up before I come down to get you,"

When I shut out the mindlink, Bria and Lana looked at me, sympathy in their eyes.
"Perché ti devono maltrattare? Sei ún anima cosí gentile,"
(Why must they mistreat you? You are such a kind soul.) said Bria.
"Un omega è sempre maltrattato. Sono sicuro che gli altri vengono trattati peggie,"
(An omega is always mistreated. I'm sure others are treated worse)
"Questo non lo rende giusto,"
(That doesn't make it right.)
Lana said indignantly.

I was just about to reply when Lydia and Garrett came downstairs. "Bria, Lana, are you both still up? Where were you did you go out for a run in the woods?" Lydia asked.
"Yes mistress Lydia we went out for a run with Artemis. She was showing us around Emerald Guardians territory, we went to the meadow and had fun," Lana said smiling.

"Oh I see, that was nice of you Artemis. Well ladies it is late now come to bed, you will be staying in the guest bedroom next to the Beta's  chambers," Garrett said kindly. Bria and Lana looked uncertainly at me and I smiled back at them.

"It's okay guys, I'll manage on my own," I said to reassure them. Lana smiled reluctantly and grabbed me in a hug. Bria did the same and she stroked my hair lovingly.
"You are too kind to endure such torment Artemis, I pray to the Goddess that she takes you away from this hell, you deserve so much better," Bria said sadly.

I stifled my sobs and hugged them tightly. "Grazie Bria, Lana,"
(Thank you Bria, Lana) I said in a choked voice. When we separated, they left with Garrett and Lydia and wished me a pleasant night. Hah pleasant night? Please no way! The last time I had a pleasant night was when my parents took Alec and Natalie to meet their friends in another pack and that was three years ago.

When the kitchen was totally empty, me being the only occupant, I went to the stove and heated up the oil for father, made some tumeric milk and cheese and crackers for mother. I would've made something for myself, but Bria, Lana and I hunted a small deer for dinner and we ate while on our run.

When the oil, milk, cheese and crackers were done, I put it all on a tray and headed upstairs. It was hard balancing it all but I managed to carry it up without spilling a single drop. On my way up, I passed Tali and Barbara in the hallway. They were wearing silk nightgowns and their toenails were painted as were their fingers. They stared at me and I stared back.

"Where are you going with that?" Tali asked after several minutes of tense silence. I shifted the tray and adjusted the plate of crackers. "To deliver it to the Alpha's chambers," I replied.
"Where's your two new bff's?" Barbara asked with a smirk. I raised my eyebrows at the tone she used. She's one to talk. Didn't she and Tali abandon me all day, leaving me to do their chores?

"My two new bff's? Lana and Bria were sent here by Lydia. They assisted me in the pack chores. Like mowing the lawn that was your  job Barbara,  and the laundry that was your job Tali," I said to them. Tali scoffed and flicked her hair back.
"Whatever Artemis, it's not like you had a choice in the matter. Omegas are pack slaves, not meant for anything else, stay in your limits," she said haughtily.

Before I could reply, Tali and Barbara turned around and walked down the hall to two separate rooms.
"Who does those two little idiots think they're talking to?! One day with Natalie and they turn out like this. Snobby, rude and on-top-of-the-world." Caroline said angrily.

"Forget about them Caroline, let's just get this oil, cheese and crackers and milk to the Alpha's chambers. Once we get that done, we can get to sleep, I'm exhausted beyond comparison," I said in a soothing voice.

After I had calmed Caro down significantly, I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
"Come in," I heard my father shout. I groaned and pushed the door open. Might as well get it over with.