⁰³ ❘❘ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵐᵃᵏᵉˢ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗⁱᶠᵘˡ ༉·₊˚✧

ੈ°˖✧ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵐᵃᵏᵉˢ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗⁱᶠᵘˡ ▸ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

⋆ ˚✧༺♥︎༻✧˚ ⋆

"Ah, you changed your mind?" Kai asks with a warm smile as you silently walk along his side to join him on his way to the gym after you both exit the class 3-4. He may or may have not slowed down his pace on purpose to match up with yours.

The next day, you were surprised also by yourself that you've somehow gathered some courage to comeback to the gym.

If you're being honest, you didn't really plan to return to begin with. But the fact that joining a club is mandatory for every student, and also partially because of the reason that you couldn't think of any other club that won't exhaust you, which prompts you to change your mind and brings you to where you are now.

Besides, this boy beside you is the one and only acquaintance you manage to make in your class that was kind enough to show you around. And the idea of joining a club without anyone you were at least familiar with, utterly scares you and will more likely spike up your anxiety.

"Hmm." You hum, adjusting your hold of the notebook you brought with you, in case you'll need it. Kai only nod, which was soon followed by a long silence when he decides to end the small talk there, thinking you're that kind of person who isn't much of a talker.

When you arrive at the gym, you instinctively duck your height behind him as he enter the entrance. You already feel uncomfortable just by hearing the different muffled voices of people.

Which is probably more than the number that your hands and toes combined together can count.

There were at least two teams inside, and you almost regret your choice of ever coming back here. But you knew it's quiet too late to back down now because you submitted your registration form as an official club member, and Naoi has already seen you walk in.

Your shoulders slumps when he gestures you to come closer to him with a wave of his hand. Dipping your head down to avoid any possible eye contact with the boys on the court, you skitter towards him and the elder beside him.

"I really thought you would back out..." Naoi breaths out, sounding relieved that you're here. He turn to the old man and show him a sheepish grin. "Nekomata-san, she's the one I told you about."

The head coach give you a small, yet warm and welcoming smile. "We are glad to have you here." Much to your surprise, his magnanimity quiet helps you to loosen up a bit and you courteously return it. After the little introduction, Naoi tells you how the role of a volleyball manager works as he handed you a small clipboard, proving that the notebook you brought can't be actually be put to use.

From one side of the court, Kai approach his teammates who are just starting to do the basic warm ups, excluding Kuroo who's chitchatting with a particular someone from the other team.

"Hey, you're a little late today?" Yaku points out since their vice captain is usually one the first few people who were punctual, that always arrive earlier than the scheduled time.

"Ah, I walked with someone on my way here."

The tan skinned male just jab his thumb behind him as the others follow the line of his finger, only to locate you talking to the coaches on the bench.

"T-the manager-chan...!" Yamamoto squeaks in a tiny voice, trying to contain his excitement as he clench his fist.

"Waaaah, she actually returned!" Inuoka says in amazement, glancing at Yamamoto who're practically swooning.