Chapter 41: Much Needed Girls Night

Back at the hotel after an exciting afternoon of softball, Callie and a few of the softball girls wanting to go out to celebrate their win. Once giving herself the once over in the mirror, a pair of jeans that she hasn't been able to fit in since before Kaiser was born till now and a silk shirt that's hanging off one shoulder – she steps out of the bathroom.

            "Are you sure you'll be okay babe?" Callie asks, sliding on a pair of hoop earrings. Josh leaning over Kaiser in the crib.

            "Babe, yes. Go out and celebrate with your friends. I got it covered here. Besides, the life of the party has already passed out so I might be able to get some work done," Josh smirks, wrapping his arms around her.

            "Okay, well I'll be back later," she nods, planting a few kisses on his lips.

            Stepping out of the suite, she meets the rest of the girls in the lobby before ending up at a local bar. As the night begins, they order some drinks and have a good time. A couple of guys have tried to shoot their shot, but Callie quick to turn down.

            "So, do you think you and Josh will get married or anything?" Hannah asks, sipping on her drink.

            Callie shrugs her shoulders. "I have no idea."

            "Well, I hope so. You guys make some damn adorable babies," Emily chimes in.

            "Well thank you. I think," Callie laughs.

            "Come on, let's dance!" Hannah exclaims, grabbing Callie's hand as the two move to the music and make their way to the dance floor.

            "Hey," Josh looks up at what he can assume is a tipsy Callie hours later.

            "Hi," Callie says back, stumbling a little but managing to pull her heels off.

            "Did you have fun?" Josh smirks.

            "Yeah. Did you have fun being boring and working?" Callie asks.

            "Clearly not as much fun as you did," he says.

            "Mm put this down," Callie slurs, pulling the tablet out of his hand.

            "As you say ma'am," he grins, watching her set the tablet on the table. Callie crashing her lips with his. Josh instantly smelling the booze.

            "I love your lips. Have I told you that?" Callie says.

            "No, I don't think you have," Josh says, pulling her closer to him.

            "I still can't believe you took my virginity and got me pregnant," she slurs, leaning down and kissing his neck.

            "Yes, I know. Now you're stuck with me," he says.

            "I used to hate you in high school, like absolutely hate you," Callie keeps kissing him, now rambling.

            "And why is that?" Josh asks.

            "Because I thought you were an asshole and well, you are still."

            "You still think I'm an asshole?" Josh pulls away.

            "Oh, come on, you are sometimes," she smiles, kissing him again.

            "Callie, I've done nothing but be a good guy to you since the baby."

            "Mm, shut up," she moans into his mouth.

            Kaiser fusses in the background. Interrupting the drunken takeover. Josh pulls away. "I should check on him."

            "Hmph, okay," Callie sighs.