The Soulmate Song

(Platonic Soulmate AU? Pog?)

(If you want to find your platonic soulmate, there are certain steps you have to follow. First, you have to find your song. The song corresponds with the friendship.

Once you've found the song, everytime you listen to it, you'll get a hallucination that is an image of something that your soulmate loves to do.

Each hallucination you see brings you another step closer to finding your soulmate.)

♡♡♡♡

The bright morning sun came in through the blinds of Tommy's room. It's light shined over his desk and face, making him stir. He groaned as he opened his eyes, blinking away sleep.

The thought of getting out of bed wasn't very pleasing to him. But he threw his legs over the side of his bed, pushing away the covers and stuffed cow that he slept with. He rubbed his eyes and yawned, trying to wake himself up.

He decided to throw on a hoodie over his signature red and white shirt. He also decided to boot up his PC. It took a moment but the monitor came to life, splashing colors over his face. He put in his password and decided to check discord first.

His eyes immediately found that he had a new message from Wilbur.

Big W:

Hey tom, found a new song. Pretty pog.

A song was linked in the message, showing the title and artist.

"Lemon boy by Cavetown?" He mumbled under his breath.

Wilbur would do this quiet often, sending him song suggestions. He knew that Tommy was always on the hunt for new things to listen to.

He smiled and typed a message.

BIG MAN:

thx, will listen otw to school :)

^^^^

Tommy exhaled, his thumb hovered over the link on his screen. He was sat on the bus, his ride to school. It was early morning, no one else but him was there.

He didn't understand why he was so nervous to tap the screen. He thought it was just the nerves of being in public but he couldn't help but feel like it was something else. A feeling he couldn't explain.

He took a deep breath and tapped the screen, his earbuds already plugged in. The screen took him to youtube, the video loaded. Then, sound flew through the earbuds.

It was a soft quiet beat with lyrics. He smiled, Wilbur had done good. He suddenly heard a voice, one that felt like it was in his head. He looked around, trying to locate it. Then saw a young boy in the ally across from him.

His knees were pulled up to his chest, his arms wrapped around his legs. He had short brown hair, earbuds also in his ears. He was humming the tune that Tommy was listening too. He was staring out the window.

Suddenly, another boy had came and sat next to the brown haired boy.

"Tubbo?" The boy had asked.

The brown haired boy, now believed to be know as Tubbo, looked in the other's direction. He smiled as a greeting.

Then, the image had faded away, leaving as quickly as it came. Tommy was stunned. This had never happened before. He pulled out his earbuds, that was enough music for the morning, he thought.

He sighed and looked out the window, trying to keep his mind off of what he say.

^^^^

"Hey Wilbur?" Tommy asked.

"Yes?" He replied, his voice coming through his headphones.

"Have you ever seen things before?" He asked, he wondered if he sounded crazy.

"Well, yea. Why do you ask?"

"Why did you see things?" Tommy asked, adjusting himself in his computer chair.

"Well, that's how I found Niki." Tommy pushed together his eyebrows in confusion.

Wilbur explained to the younger what was called 'the soulmate song' and told him all about it. He talked him through his and Niki's story, telling him about his journey.

Tommy understood better now. He knew what was happening, and he was so excited. Like a schoolgirl seeing their crush. Butterflies filled his stomach, a smile on his face that no one could be able to wipe away.

After another half hour, he ended his call with Wilbur. He turned off his PC and climbed into bed, pulling the covers over his face. He grabbed his phone and decided to go on Reddit before falling asleep.

An idea suddenly popped into mind.

Tommy opened up Twitter and went to search, he typed in 'Tubbo'. It loaded before multiple tweets popped up. He clicked on the top one and went to the profile. He went to media, hoping that a picture of the boy was on his profile.

Luckily, there was. He couldn't believe his eyes. It was him.

Tommy grinned, happiness bubbled inside his chest. He saw that the boy had his discord in his bio. He copied the name and number, opening discord. He put it in, Tubbo's profile came up. He added him as a friend before deciding to send him a message.

Tommyinnit:

Hey there. I believe I'm your soulmate. Do you listen to 'Lemon Boy'?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

HI MY LOVES!

I know I said that I was gonna post an anxiety comfort. But I couldn't write it today due to the happy headspace I was in. It's really hard to write angst when you're happy, just so you guys know.

I might do a part two to this if you guys like it.

I hope you all are doing well and I love you!

-Lexi<3