7

I whirled around, already annoyed but softened my glare when I realized it was just Giovanni.

"What's up?" I asked.

"We're headed to the mall; come on."

I opened my mouth to argue, as I hated going out in public, but quickly shut it when I realized that I would be fighting a losing cause.

***

*Emma POV*

I was exhausted just from walking around the tiny mall. In my defense, a lot of my energy was spent trying to argue against Luca not to buy me high-end items, most of which I lost. Also, my legs and ribs still weren't fully healed, so I had to put in twice as much work.

That is how I ended up slumped against this random bench, surrounded by bags from stores such as Gucci and Balenciaga, but also bags from Forever 21 and h&m. I knew it wasn't much, but I felt a slight sense of accomplishment at convincing one of my brothers to let me shop where I wanted to.

I was zoned out for so long that I barely registered when Luca put his hand down on my shoulder. I flinched at the contact and looked up at a frowning Luca.

He said nothing and instead asked, "Ready to go?".

I nodded in response, glad that I could finally watch some Brooklyn Nine-Nine once we got to the house.

***

I was so glad that we were back at the house.

I was not very social initially, but something about Chicago just strained me even more.

I spiraled into more thoughts about how much I did not fit into this life but snapped out of it when Luca's Mercedes E300 pulled up in front of the house.

Again, I gaped up at the house, forever mesmerized by the sheer size.

I opened the door and tried to run up to my room but was stopped by yet another hand.

I held my breath and slowly turned around, hoping it wasn't my least favorite brother. I loudly exhaled when I realized it was just my brother that was the same age as me.

My twin.

Dang, it still felt weird.

Enzo looked at me weirdly since I resembled a bull right now, with my nostrils flared and mouth slightly open.

"Do you wanna come to the living room to show off what you bought? Like a mini fashion show...?" He nervously chuckled at the end of his question as he tried to gauge my response.

I just tilted my head before silently walking back towards the living room. My arms ached from carrying all the bags, and my legs hurt from walking around the mall so much.

Just as I put the bags down, I heard the sharp click-click of nails on the wood and the loud shout of Luca, yelling, "Hold on, Coco!!"

I slowly turned around, hoping that there wasn't yet another person in this house, and thankfully I was proved wrong.

Barrelling at me was the cutest dog that I had ever seen.

I immediately dropped on my knees and caught her in my arms, falling backward slightly.

I left her sniff my hand before I slowly went to pet her on her side, then moving to her head. Her eyes followed my hand the entire time before flopping down and setting her head in my lap.