40| The Man Dadi loves

Started writing on 4th December 2020.
Completed on 9th December 2020.
Word count : 4401 words
______________________

– D I V Y A –

I woke up from my slumber and yawned, only to see the bed beside me, empty. Ofcourse! It's evening and I'm the sleepy head here, who would sleep till this time.

Using the bathroom, I went out and saw dad and Ayaan sitting nervously. What has happened when I was asleep? Did an earthquake come?

I ran to mom who was busy in the kitchen. "Mom! Did something happen?"

"Something? Everything will happen now?"

"What and when?"

"Listen to me carefully. Tonight we're going to meet the man whom dadi wants to marry." Mom said.

"Tonight?" I asked in shock.

"Hmm... Tonight. That's what the preparations are for. Your dadi is already a nightmare, I don't know how that man would be."

"Relax mom. He won't kill us. Just a normal human being he is."

"I know but I'm scared."

"Mom, relax. Your BP would fluctuate. Just sit down. I'll prepare everything." I said and she sat on a chair, while I prepared everything for the dinner.

"Divya...." Ayaan came inside the kitchen but stopped in his tracks seeing mom.

"I'll go out, you both can talk." Mom said and went out.

"We're going to meet him?" I asked him.

"Yes. That's what I heard. Who do you think he could be to make everyone this nervous?"

"A gangster?" I said which came out more like a question.

"Gangster? Who knows? Dadi likes him and I know dadi's choice. She likes everything which is abnormal and out of the world." He sighed and hugged me from my back. "Divya!"

"Hmm..."

"Let me help you. You go and have rest."

"I can do it. I'm not a patient."

"I know you're not a patient but I can't forget how you were feeling yesterday. I don't want you to cry again due to pain. So, just sit down and enjoy the view."

"Which view?"

"A handsome and hot man cooking delicious food."

"Handsome and hot? You've mastered the art of self boasting."

"I know. Now take your place there and let me do it." He said and started humming like a five year old, "I'm so handsome, I'm so hot...."

"Seriously? I bet that dadi's man would be more handsome than you." I teased him while sitting over the kitchen island.

"What? How could you compare me with a man who's almost triple my age?"

"I'm just stating facts."

"Really?" He said coming near me and I nodded. "Then you haven't seen me carefully yet. Take you time, I'm all yours." He winked and I chuckled.

"You know..." I said when he kept his hands on the slab on my either sides, trapping me between him. He was waiting for me to say something and I had nothing in mind. "Do your work or the food would burn." In that situation I could only laugh.

"Mrs Chauhan, you really have guts!"

"I know." I said proudly and he suddenly placed his lips over mine. Before I could pull back and say anything, he pulled me more towards himself and sucked my upper lip.