She's back (P22)

Kai's POV
After the escape.

I do face plant as I shut my eyes. I can't believe werewolves are real. Maybe that's why that wolf attacked my car . He probably could smell another wolf on it. "Yeah, no." Loki says "that was Axel, his wolf.  He was pissed because you accepted the rejection."

"Rejection? What are you talking about Willis?"

"Mate rejected you remember."

"The wolf rejected me? Axel?"

Loki sighs "no Arrio rejected you, he said 'I Arrio Sandoval, Soon to be Alpha of the Lotus Pack .."

"Reject you, Kai Lloyd, as my mate and future Luna." I finish the statement. The pain in my chest is back again "As my mate? Like he rejected me as his soulmate?" I ask sadden from the news.

"Yes." He whispers.

"W-why would he do that. Was I not good enough?" I ask.

"No no that's not it! He was just confused because we were males."

"Because he wasn't gay? Wait did I force him to be gay?!" Shit now I feel terrible. You never throw yourself at a straight guy unless he's giving hints that he's interested then yes. Mm actually no, don't do that because they could just be playing you then one day call you behind the school and jump your ass with all his friends..

"You remember that?"

"Wait did that really happen? Is that why I could picture it so well"

"Yeah it happened in elementary."

"Who the fuck tricked me!?" I shout.

I hear  a car door slam. Shit he's back. I didn't even realize because I was too busy thinking of that memory.

"Sorry i noticed but I thought this was more important."

"Oh no worries dude." I cover myself and pretend to go to sleep.

"Kai!" Zeke shouts as he slams the front door. Jeez he acts like he paid for those doors.  "Kai!?" He shouts again taking heavy steps up the stairs. "Kai-"

"I'm trying to fucking sleep here!" I yell, sitting back up and glaring at the tall brown haired man in front of me. "What the hell do you want that couldn't wait till morning ?"

He glares at me and trudges to my side of the bed. Subconsciously I lift the blanket to cover everything besides my eyes . "Why the fuck did you hang up on me?" He asks ripping the sheet out of my bare hands.

"Did you just wake me up for that question?" I grit my teeth. "Better yet, did you drive all the way back to town for that question?"

"Answer my question!" He shouts grabbing my wrists and scaring me in the processs. A few tears built up in my eyes causing him to back off. "I'm sorry Kai. I just got scared that something happened to you. " he lets go.

"I was with my friends and we were watching movies. " i answer quietly.

He raises a brow "So you didn't answer my calls nor my messages because you were watching movies?" Mmm shit I know where this is going. "What are the rules Kai?"