Ch. 28

I got up and took a deep breath. My brother is alive. The dagger I was holding slipped through my hands. All I could think about was Fitz. He was alive!

I was about to slip out of the cave when someone grabbed my arm. I was about to judo-flip that person when I realized it was Tam who was holding it. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"My brother-Fitz-he's alive,"

"So you're going to find him?"

"Well, duh."

'Then let me go with you." Tam said. He glanced at the others who were still fighting. There was a big explosion. Dex threw one of his gadgets at the Neverseen.

I shook my head. "No, it's my business. You need to stay here and help the others."

"Biana, if you meet the Neverseen while you're trying to find Fitz, it's impossible for you to win. Let me go with you," he begged. "The others will manage."

I thought for a minute. "Fine."

I realized this place was enormous. It would take hours to examine this whole place. I glanced over my shoulder, feeling vulnerable. I looked over at Tam who was clutching his arm. "Wait," I said. "Tam, your arm."

"I'll be fine," he muttered. "Let's just find Fitz. Wherever he is."

I had a bad feeling about this. I blocked his path and rolled up his sleeves. His arm had a deep gash. "You're hurt!" I shouted.

"I was just cut by a knife. No big deal."

My eyebrows shot up. "No big deal? Tam, you have a cut-from a knife!"

"We can't waste more time on my shoulder. Let's just go find Fitz and we'll discuss about this later."

I nodded my head. "Fine," I was worried. Worried that it would spread infections or worse. I shook the thoughts out of my mind, and looked at Tam one more time, biting my lips.

* * * * *

Tam was right. Glimmer stood in front of us in the hallway.

"I can't just let you leave, you know?" She twirled a dagger how many daggers are there?! in her hand. "I'm guessing you know thay wonder boy's alive."

"Get out of the way, Glimmer." I said through gritted teeth.

Glimmer rolled her blue eyes. "You think?"

"Get out before I use this," Tam warned, forming his shadows into a spear.

Glimmer ignored Tam and walked around in circles. "Do you really think I'm a villain?"

"You just wiped out memories about a dozen times, yes." I said without hesitation. "And what is the point, exactly?"

"See, Biana. The world isn't black and white. But you Black swan members don't realize there's also grey out there. You think you're so heroic. You're just a pathetic elf." She spat. "The real reason I'm working for the Neverseen," Glimmer sighed. "Did you know they threatened to kill my whole family? Did you know I have to work for them? Don't act like you know everything about me. You know nothing. At least the Neverseen is focused on real things unlike the Black swan."

"The Black swan?" I wondered. I heard that name somewhere.

Glimmer laughed. "Oh right, you're memories are gone." She formed a sword with light. "Guess you'll have to die without getting them back." She tackled me to the ground, my head throbbing with pain. I could feel the blood on my hair.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on her." Tam snarled. He hit Glimmer with his shadowflux, knocking her back. Glimmer skidded against the floor. She didn't move.

Tam stared at Glimmer's body for a few minutes then examined his hands. "I didn't-"

"You didn't kill her, but thank you, Tam." I smiled. "But, we don't have much time. Let's go and really find Fitz."

I ran with Tam to find Fitz but Glimmer's words were stuck in my head. The world isn't black and white.

After a few minutes of running, kicking down doors, we found Ritz gagged up. He looked weary, his face pale and unmoving. I stumbled towards him, trying to wake him up. "Fitz, Fitz, wake up." I urged.

He wouldn't wake up. I slapped him on his cheek hard. That seemed to do the trick. "Biana?" he croaked. "What am I doing here?"

"I'll explain later. We have to go. Now."

Fitz stood up shaking but nodded.

Yayyy the book is almost finished!!! Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry I hadn't updated in a while XDD tysm for reading this ♥︎♥︎