Lakes and Forests

Philza looked around for Tommy. He was getting a really nervous feeling every moment the teen wasn't there. Had it been very long? A few minutes at least. There shouldn't be a problem.

"Hey guys, should Tommy be back yet? I saw him walk outside so I'm assuming that's where the restrooms are."
"Yeah I saw a sign saying they're behind the building."

Techno had gone silent. He looked like he'd just come to a realization that left a sour taste. He muttered a quick curse and got up to check on Tommy.

Now Philza really didn't like the feeling he was getting. He didn't know what the problem was but Techno seemed to have gotten very concerned very quickly.

He looked across to Wilbur with a questioning stare. Wilbur seemed to return his confusion until he came to the same realization as Techno.

"He could be trying to throw up the food."

Shit.

Not what Phil had expected but he hadn't really expected anything. It made sense though, and that's what scared him.

———

Techno flew through the door of the cold building. The stalls were all open except the last one.

"Tommy? You in there?"

There was a weak reply he couldn't really understand. He could, however, make out that it was Tommy.

He stood outside the stall door and asked again.

"You ok?"

The latch slid open, painfully slow. An exhausted looking Tommy opened the door and promptly collapsed against Techno.

Techno caught him as he passed out, then realized he had passed out.

"Shit. Shit shit shit. Fuck. I'm sorry, Tommy. I should've not let you come out here. I should've known better. Fuck!"

He carried the unconscious teen out to the car and pulled out his phone to call Phil. He was glad they had already paid.

"Phil?"
"Yeah? What happened?"
"Tommy passed out. I'm in the car with him."
"Ok, we'll be out there in a minute."

He hung up and panicked about what to do. Call 911? How many problems would that cause? What would the hospital do with someone from another country?

He had no idea. He did know that it would be expensive regardless of where Tommy was from. He didn't mind, obviously, if it was what Tommy needed. He still didn't want to possibly overreact and get in more debt than school gave him.

He had put Tommy in the backseat, against the window. He was sitting next to him with a box of snacks between them. They would be driving a bunch the next few days, and he really hoped that the simple prolonged temptation of snacks would get the child to eat.

Wilbur and Phil came out with bags of leftovers. Both looked extremely concerned.

Wil took note of how tired Techno seemed. He knew the man's sleep schedule couldn't be worse, but he was still shocked at how exhausted the pink haired Californian looked.

Just as tired looking was Tommy. He seemed pale and weak. Like he had absolutely no energy in him. At all.

As they put the bags in the car, Wilbur opened Tommy's door. He caught the teen before he fell out and pushed him up against the snack box and Techno. He made sure he was breathing and his heart was beating.

"Should we take him to an emergency room?"
"I don't know."
"If  he was... doing that... maybe just let him sleep? He probably just used up all his energy."
"Well, yeah that is probably what happened. But he still might need medical attention. I don't know."