eleven!

RL, IMESSAGE.

⊹⊱⊰⊹

REAL LIFE!
__

aj was startled by the loud noise of knocking, she got up quickly to see that karl wasn't on the couch. she furrowed her eyebrows in question before opening the front door.

and there she sees karl with groceries in hand.

she felt her heart do a whole flip, she steps aside as he walks in. "so i got more stuff at the grocery because i noticed you were running out of a lot, so i just went to get it!"

alexis frowned a bit, "karl you really didn't have to.."

"i mean i am going to be staying here for a while so it's the least i could do.." he gave a small smile.

she exchanged a weak one before helping out to put the food away and such.

after doing so, he noticed something was off with alexis, and he couldn't pin what it was. "did i buy the wrong brand of cereal? i saw that you like cocoa puffs so—"

"no i uh, yeah no you were right. but i have a question," alexis asked nervously fidgeting with her ring. "do you know a girl by the name danielle?"

karl's face went white as a sheet, "uhm.. yeah she's an ex of mine.."

her eyebrows raised, so maybe it was true theyre still talking? it's not too far fetched.

she pulls out her phone to show him the dms between her and danielle, "i just.. i don't know, she was kinda—"

"you need to block her," karl stated sternly as he read through the messages. "why?"

"because.." he hands her back her phone with a sigh, "she tends to do this a lot. if she sees a girl posting me, she'll find every way to ruin any kind of friendship."

friendship. she repeated to herself.

aj nods, "got it."

he furrowed his eyebrows, noticing that she was avoiding eye contact. "what.. did you really think i was talking to her?"

she shrugs, "i mean it shouldn't matter you know, i don't know why i even asked because it's your business.."

karl chuckles a bit out of disbelief, "that ended a long time ago, aj. i completely forgot she existed ever since.."

"ever since..?" alexis asked, hoping that he'd say ever since you came along. she felt her heart beat out of her chest.

"ever since i uh," he panicked a bit, i don't know how to talk to woman i like oh my god. "ever since new york.. you know?"

"i don't know know if you're referencing harry styles' amazing song or—" before she could finish her sentence, he cupped her cheeks and kissed her.

alexis felt her shoulders ease as she gave into the kiss, it was soft and sweet. she felt her stomach fill with butterflies, and when he pulled away, aj's cheeks heat up a bright red.