•66•

Sam

I sit on the couch as I wait for Colby to come home I grab my phone again checking the time 12:47pm I sigh and turn off my phone not calling him since I know he's driving and I watch tv again. The doorbell goes off making me jump I get up and go to the door confused and open it seeing Jake "uh what are you doing here?" I ask "get your shoes on" he says walking in "ok.. why?" I ask grabbing my shoes and putting them on "here, now c'mon" he says handing me my phone I follow him into his car still confused. I buckle and he starts the car and pulls out "where are we going?" I ask "hospital" he mumbles and my heart drops "why, w-what happened?" I ask tears brimming my eyes "Colby got in a crash, he said he fell asleep at the wheel but he said not to tell you but it felt wrong not to" he explains "i-is he ok?" I ask and he shrugs "I dunno" I sigh and look out the window wiping my face as tears fell "don't cry, I'm sure he's fine" he says I nod laying my head on the window.
Soon Jake parks the car in the parking lot of the hospital and we get out and head inside "how may I help you?" the lady asks "here to see Cole Brock" Jake says she hums and types on the computer "3rd floor, room 40" we thank her before going to the elevator. The elevator stops and we get out and go to his room, we go in and he's putting on his shoes "brother you ok?" Jake asks making Colby jump as he didn't notice us come in and he looks up and his face drops seeing me "I told you not to tell him" he says looking back at Jake "yeah.. it didn't feel right but, uh I'll let you guys talk" he says then leaving the room "seriously?" I say kinda mad he sighs and he pats the spot in front of him and I sit there "why didn't you want me to know?" I ask "because I knew you'd get mad" he says "why would I?" sarcasticly and he sighs "baby.. I'm sorry, I know I should've listened to you when you told me to sleep but I'm ok only a couple scratches and bruises here and there" he says grabbing my hands "but what if that wasn't the case? it could've been worse" I say "but it's not" "but it could've!" I say tears forming in my eyes "baby-" "no Colby, what if you died!? what would happen then, what am I supposed to do? what about our baby how would I-" I rant and Colby pulls me into a hug "stop please baby, I know it could've been worse but it's not let's not think like that cause I'm still here and again I'll never, and I mean never will leave you, I promise you that I'll be in our babys life and will never leave her either," he says and pulls me away from the hug and cups my cheeks wiping my tears "I'll be with you through everything no matter what it is.. I love you baby, so so much" he says and I nod tears running down my cheeks and he wipes them pecking my lips "I-i love you too Colbs" I say he smiles and pecks my lips again "c'mon let's go home" he says getting up and pulling me up after and we leave the room going out to Jakes car.

-

"Bye!" We say to Jake as we get out of his car he waves pulling out of our driveway and we head inside. We head up to our room. "baby?" Colby says coming into the closet with me "yeah?" I ask taking off my shoes and he puts his hands on my hips "can you take a shower with me?" he asks "sure" he sighs "wait- really?" he says realizing I agreed "yes Colbs" he smiles and kisses my temple and grabs his clothes "c'mon!" he says exciedly I giggle "why are you so excited?" I ask grabbing my clothes and we go into the bathroom "I dunno" he says turning on the water and then we get undressed and get in the shower. I go in the water next and he wraps his arms around my waist from behind kissing my shoulder "I love you baby" he says softly "I love you too Colbs" he kisses my cheek and grabs the shampoo putting it in his hair then mine I giggle and turn around facing him he smiles and kisses me softly pulling away shortly after and we finish the shower.
We change and get into bed "what happened anyway?" I ask putting my head on his chest "what?" he asks confused "the crash" he hums "well as you know I fell asleep while I was driving and I guess as I was asleep I swerved into the other lane.. then there was a loud honk and I jumped awake seen bright light it was a semi, I got back into the correct lane just as another car was coming so that hit my car in the back right side and my car went in circles then another car hit me also on the left side but on the side and I crashed into a tree hit my head on the wheel and blacked out and when I woke up I was in the hospital" he explains I sigh and sit up "baby?" he says confused sitting up as well "please, drop out" I say and he sighs "baby-" "no, Colby it doesn't work with anything, your never going to get enough sleep you get off at 10 your not going to be home until 1 in the morning and only get at least 4 hours of sleep" I say "I don't work everyday" he says I sigh rubbing my face "ok.. when are you getting your homework done?" I ask knowing he got some and he groans "I'll get it done, it's not too hard" "just drop out!" I say getting frustrated "my mom doesn't want me to" "ok I get that Colby, but your not living with her anymore, so are you going to go by her rules your whole life?" I say and he doesn't say anything "I get that we just moved out and your getting used to it, I am too, but you can't be under your mom's wing your whole life, you have to learn to make your own decisions, I'd like you to drop out it takes too much time out of your day and if your not going to do the homework there's no point of going, Colby, we're having a baby weather we're ready or not she's gonna come any day now and we don't even have the room done, there's no time to do it when you have such a busy schedule we don't even have a car anymore, and you better hope it's fixed by the time she is ready to come out and who knows if you'll actually be here with me when she is, all I'm asking is for you to drop out I don't get why it's such a big deal to you when you would much rather not be in it, Colby please just drop out" I say seriously and looking at him to say something and he scans my face not saying anything "I.. I'm not going to" he finally says I sigh and get out of bed "all I really want is to spend time with you" I say "I'm sorry" he says sadly I go to the door "baby? where are you going?" he asks getting out of bed "I'm sleeping in the guest room" I say opening the door "no baby please, baby sleep with me please" he begs "goodnight" I say kissing his cheek "baby stop please" he begs desperately but I leave the room closing it behind me "baby no!" he yells when he opens the door I ignore him and walk into the guest room I lay in the bed getting under the covers and I close my eyes. I feel a dip besides me and I open my eyes seeing Colby and he clings onto me putting his head in my chest "Colby-" "no baby" he huffs nuzzling his head further in my chest "please I'm sorry baby" he says "please sleep with me baby" I sigh "Colby let go I don't want to" I say "no!" he yells "please I'm sorry! I really am baby" I hum and unwrap his arms from me since he had a loose grip on me and I stand up "baby please!" he gets up hugging me I groan "please baby" he begs I look up at him and peck his lips "goodnight" I say walking out and into our room getting into bed and cuddling into the blankets and falling asleep after realizing Colby's not coming back in.