Chapter Twenty-Two: Someone Has To

The door. That damn door.

I wanted to so badly go up to it and just kick it down for letting Liam walk out of it. Couldn't there have been a lock or something? Stupid thing.

I hadn't realized my anger had spiked until the heart monitor started beeping out of control. My attention snapped to the machine. I just wanted to throw it out the window, but my weak arms would never let me.

"No," I said breathily as I slowly moved my right hand over to my left wrist and tried to weakly pull the IV's out. "Come on," I whispered angrily as my hands shook and grew tired.

The door suddenly flew open and there stood Greyson. That damn door.

"Alex?" He questioned as he realized what I was trying to do. "No!" He scolded and ran over to me. He ripped my weak hand away from the IV in my wrist as I shouted back at him in protest.

"No, Greyson! Stop!" My voice still came out scratchy, but that didn't stop my attempts at screaming. "He's gonna kill Karissa! He's gonna kill her! We need to go!" I was practically coughing my words out by the end of the sentence, and my breathing was heavy.

"Alex, listen!" Greyson's voice boomed over mine as he held my wrists in each of his hands. "Do you know where the hell you are?" He questioned. I looked around and knew I was in a hospital. That part was clear. I had been brought to the pack doctor like any other person would.

"Yes," I said with confidence.

"No, I don't think you do. This is a human hospital." I stared at him in horror. If they brought me here then everyone would know about us. My wounds would heal quickly, and then they'd all have questions on how.

"Why-"

"You are here because you almost died, and when you almost died, your wounds wouldn't heal. Want to know why your wounds wouldn't heal? Because your wolf isn't there, Alex! I don't feel her, and I know you don't either." His words seemed to fade as my brain was on hold.

She's gone.

I didn't feel the strength I could before. I should have healed hours ago, yet I'm still in casts and stitches. I couldn't growl, I couldn't smell or see as well as before, I couldn't feel her. I couldn't feel my wolf.

She was really gone. Maybe not forever, but for now.

I hadn't realized I was crying until a hand brushed a tear away. I smiled at Greyson and shakily wrapped my arms around his neck. His hand rubbed up and down my back as I sobbed on his shoulder.

Liam was out there and so was Karissa. If he kills her or hurts Ashton in anyway, I will find him. I will kill him.

I gripped Greyson's shirt and listened to him say sweet things in my ear until I had finally managed to calm down.

He helped me lay back down on the uncomfortable bed and kissed my forehead.

"It's gonna be okay. I'll make sure of it. Now, you need to sleep." It seemed to be more of an order than a thought. I wanted to say I didn't like the demanding type of Greyson, but something about it just seemed to spark my interest for him a little more.

I didn't disobey him and tried to go to sleep, but one thing kept bothering me.

"Greyson?" I whispered.

"Yes?"

"Why is it going to be okay? Why are you trying to see the good in all of this?" I questioned tiredly.

I heard him sigh and his hand rub up and down my arm.

"Because if your not, then somebody else has to."

Greyson POV

My heart seemed to break slightly at her question. I didn't want to look at the positives because honestly, there weren't any. I just needed her to believe that in all of this mess that maybe a little bit could turn out alright.

Is that too much to ask?

I didn't like seeing her upset or hurt. I liked when she was that overly confident, hard-assed girl that walked into my office and yelled at me for being to demanding. Right now, she can barely yell half of a sentence without her coughing to death.

Everything about the way she is now just kills me. She's pale, her skin is covered in scratches and bruises, and her wolf is basically sucking at being her wolf.

The look of pure horror she had when I had told her that she wasn't there made me want to strangle myself. I caused this. She wouldn't be here if it weren't for me and my temper.

I had just been so angry with myself.

She should have ran. When I locked her in the cellars. When I made her fight Tyler. She should have ran the minute I turned eighteen and found out I was her second chance. She could have gotten better.

I hate myself for that.

And as much as I would love to say that she stayed because she wanted to deal with me. She didn't. She stayed for one reason at first.

She stayed for Riley, and I'm gonna make sure she stays for him because if worst comes to worst, that may be all I have to depend on.

Her love for my brother.

___

Woah sorry. Long time no update. I suck. I know.

This was kind of just a filler bc I felt like I couldnt just start jumping shit.

Is it wrong to say that writing is becoming more of a chore than fun now?

I think it's bc I have no idea where im going with this anymore. OMG im so bad lol

Ok so I think im like a couples counselor now bc all of my friends ask me about dating and ppl I barely ever talk to and it kinda sucks bc it makes you realize how much you do and dont want a boyfriend and id like to stab myself sometimes. Holla.

So please vote bc if this get idk a lot of votes then ill make sure that the next chapter comes soon and it is long.

I also have a new obsession for the word hella...idk why. I guess im just hella cewl like dat. lol bye.

Edited 6/19/16