80°

So sorry. I promised last night and couldn't meet up. I made sure this update woukd come today. I wanted to update before morning, but it entered 12😂🤧

So, I started this book on the 26th of May and soon, we will be hitting 100k and it seems surreal. That kind of figure on my book ... It's like a dream. I don't even know what to say. That's what you guys gave me and I'm sooo grateful!!❤️

Oh and you guyss. Important announcement. Check out this book called FASTIDIOUS by sereniity-. Let's spam her guys!!!! If y'all check iy out and bring reviews, I will squeeze in time and update tonight, abeg🙏🙏

~GIWA~

I fell asleep the entire afternoon, desperately trying to numb the pain I felt, especially after witnessing them taking Hassana away, this morning.

I woke up, shortly around 2pm. After Nini had tapped me, telling me that Mum wanted me to dress up and get ready forbthe meeting we had scheduled with Mr. Charles Bassey, by three.

Three missed calls..

I had three missed calls.

From Kelechi, a classmate. About seven in total from Chika and her clique. And then, following it up was a dozen of messages, from many classmates, all of them, sending their sympathy towards my loss.

Hassana.

I groaned. Started beating myself up again, as soon as I realised that indeed, I wasn't dreaming. The whole thing was still very real.

I only wondered how on earth my classmates knew about what had happened. I wasn't really in the mood for my phone at the moment and as much as I wished I could, I didn't have it in me to reach back to all of them. I just.. Not now.

Mum drove. By three sharp, we were already at the gates of Castron High. In a way, I wasn't looking forward to the meeting.. I just wanted to sleep my day away.

Mum insisted I go.

I walked into Charlie Ba's office about ten minutes late and I was surprised to see how full the entire place was already.

They were all there. Charlie Ba sat there on his seat, calmly placing both hands on the office desk infront of him. The rest were present, all of them, occupying seats that looked like they were taken from the school hall and arranged for them, together, one after the other, by the walls of the office.

Prissy sat at the extreme right end, Shade and Nova sat right next to her. Yure and Ivandor sat closeby, right after the couple, and a quiet, solemn Krisdana sat by her cousin.

"Good afternoon." I greeted quietly and they all acknowledged me with smiles and nods.

"Good afternoon, Giwa." Charlie Ba said to me, calmly. "Have a seat, please."

He gestured towards the empty seat that was at the extreme left end, by Krisdana and I obliged, going to take it.

"Hey." Krisdana softly greeted and I smiled back at her, nodding quietly.

The room was quiet. Eeriely quiet for a long, long time and I started to get nauseated as the silence only reminded me of the harsh reality we were facing.