Seventeen : Recovering

Lily isn't surprised by her own words, she said that not because she's accepting the situation, but because of the threat that he promised.

She didn't wanna risk him hurting her family or Roman for that matter.. That's why she decided to do that. Maybe he will let her go himself once she gets better..maybe.

Lily looks up at Nikolae who's standing astonished by her words, but then his face gets back to emotionless.. On the other hand, Jason's frowning a little bit from the pity that he feels towards her.

" I'm sorry to hear that.. But hey! Consider me as your friend here.. Once you get better we can go out and do the shopping shit that friends do! What do you think?"

Jason asked grinning like a child who just got his candy, Lily couldn't help but smile at him, but Nikolae didn't like what he just said.

" of course..That would be great. Thank you"

Nikolae's patience is now nowhere to be found, not only she smiled at his friend, but also she agreed to his nonsense offer!!

" I guess that's it, Jason. Let her rest and come with me outside!"

Nikolae's protest made Lily flinch in her place and wince in pain due to the sudden movement of her body.

" I'll see you in two days for a check up, Lily. Take care of yourself, alright? "

Lily nodded in silence smiling weakly at him, Nikolae grabbed his friend's hand and dragged him out of the room.

Once the door is closed she let out a breath that she didn't know that she was holding..

She closes her eyes thinking, Jason seems like a good person, how can he be that monster's friend!

Maybe he will help her if he knew what Nikolae did to her and get her out of here, or at least make her call Roman so he can help her. But then again, she doesn't want to risk it.

She sighs in frustration and tries to relax and get some rest, her body is sore and is aching so bad. She slides herself little by little until her head is on the pillow, she covers her body and tries to drift to sleep.

**************

In the living room Jason is sitting in front of Nikolae who's frowning his eyebrows in thought

" Sorry for doubting you man.. It was just too suspicious"

Jason says as he writes down the medicine that Lily has to take. Nikolae nodded as he took the paper from his friend.

" You have to take care of her, Nikolae.. She needs rest and to eat well, she seems fragile"

Sensing the caring tone in Jason's words, Nikolae clenched his jaw but tried not to draw his attention.

" Yeah.. Sure. Thank you for coming, Jason. Let's go, I need to buy her these medicine and come back "

Nikolae wants him to be out as fast as he can, he stands up taking his jacket throwing the hood over his head. Jason shrugged and followed him out of the house.

****************

Three days later

Nikolae surprised himself by taking care of Lily these past days, he was calm for the first time in his life, treating her well and taking care of her health.. He would cook healthy food for her and give her the medicine in time. He managed to control his anger and snapping personality.. The only thing that he couldn't control was his lust for her, but still, he didn't try to make any moves or try to scare her.

To his surprise also, she was being quiet, more than the usual, it was confusing that she didn't try to refuse anything that he offered like food or drinks.. He knows that she's a feisty girl, but during these days, she was acting differently.

He knows that she's tired and shit but that doesn't mean that she had changed 180° like that. She wouldn't even look at him, since Jason left the first time.

Yesterday Jason visited and for Nikolae's surprise again , she didn't try to do anything stupid or claim that he's keeping her here against her will which made him satisfied that his threat worked really well.

************

Lily

I walked out of the bathroom after slipping a pair of sweatpants that I had found in his closet along with a T-shirt, having a shower is the best thing I can do now. It looks like I will be here for some time, might as well try to get used to it until I find a way to get away from him.. I've been trying to avoid him as far as I can and not get on his nerves.

The past three days I've been thinking about the situation I'm being in, and the monster that I'm staying with.. In order to get out of here, I need to earn his trust and make sure that he believes that I'm really giving in.

That's why I'm not acting casually with him yet, so he doesn't suspect anything, it's not like ' hey, I like being captivated by you and I'm staying with you forever'

I have to take it easy and step by step so he can believe that I'm really accepting him.

I walk towards the bed and remove the sheets along with the duvet.. I grab the new ones and start changing them carefully with my movements even though I'm fully recovered.

Dr. Jason told me that I'm getting better with my medications and that it's OK to start moving freely, but I will keep taking them for the rest of the week.

I kept forgetting them, but what shocked me that Nikolae remembered them and gave them to me right in time, along with freshly cooked meals.

I can't deny that he's being nice to me, he also let me stay in the room and he never sleeps in here with me which I was glad for, but that doesn't change the fact that he is still the monster who raped me, let alone almost killing me.

I sigh as I finish changing the bed and hold the dirty ones before walking towards the door, I haven't been out of this room for three days which I did not mind, I use the bathroom here and he used to bring me the food.

I take a deep breath and turn the knob opening the door before stepping out of the room, I hear his foot steps coming closer where the kitchen is. He freezes when he sees me, there he is, standing like the Greek God that he is, shirtless with black sweatpants and messy hair.

" What are you doing? And where do you think you're going?" His low voice is dangerous.

I gulped before softly replying

" The sheets needed to be changed, I.. I changed them and I'm going to put these for laundry"

He doesn't respond, I thought he would yell at me or go back to the kitchen to do whatever he was doing. Suddenly he starts walking towards me.. his eyes never leaving mine, I'm starting to regret coming out of the room, I swallow hard as he nears me, his eyes hooded with lust and desire.