Chapter 47: Friends vs siblings

"So we are going on a trip to save my brother because Kol is in his area?" I asked Damon.

"Yep. Your sisters worried and I want more time with you," he admitted.

"Is she staying with Stefan?" I asked, not wanting my sister to come along.

"Yep. It'll just be me and you. And your brother when we get him," Damon said putting his arm around me.

"Promise me one thing," I told him.

"What's that?" Damon asked.

"We don't kill Kol. Not unless it's absolutely necessary," I begged.

"Cam-"

"Promise me or I won't go," I told dam on.

"Damn. You have really changed into a strong independent woman. I'm so happy you picked me," Damon laughed and kissed me, "I promise we won't kill him unless its absolutely necessary."

I smiled at him and went up to our room. I looked in the mirror to see what I looked like, as it's been a minute.

I hit one last growth sport as a human, making me about five three. I hair was down my back, and had become more wavy. I looked older to. I felt older. I had changed alot the last year.

I became an orphan, twice. Have been in and out of fights with siblings, vampires, witches, werewolves. I also fell in love with an amazing raven haired man.

"Knock knock," I heard the voice of my brother say from the doorway.

"Ty!" I said and through my arms around him.

"Hey sis," he said holding me closer.

"Where did you go?"

"The appalachians. I broke the sire bond," he said with a proud smile.

"I'm so happy for you. Send me a text next time," I said with a huge smile. I've missed my brother.

"Cam. How were you never sired?"  Tyler asked me.

"We all know I've always been weird. That's probably it," I told him.

"Okay. Well I'm going to see my girlfriend. I love you sis," he said, giving me a hug before leaving.

"Ready for the trip?" Damon asked me.

"Oh yeah."

Me and him got in his car and started to drive to denver.

"Man do I love a road trip," damon told me and intertwined our fingers.

I smiled and turned up the radio. I had the windows rolled down and was enjoying myself.

We arrived in denver and found Jeremy. He was at the batting cage, looking happy.

"Theres one last thing we havent told you," damon whispered.

"What?"

"Alarics going full on vampire serial killer. We are getting him, then getting something to help Ric," he told me.

"We will save him," I said to him.

"I don't care either way," damon lied.

"Dont lie. Not to me," I said.

We both walked up to Jeremy and I wrapped him in a hug.

"Dont hug me."

"Jer-"

"You left me. I dealt with ghost, girlfriends, near death experiences without you. You left me."

"Can we leave this for later. We have other things to attend to," damon told us.