~Chapter 14~

Scarlett's POV

I feel drained.My stomach feels like it's on fire and my throat is in desperate need of water.I open my eyes and am blinded by the extremely bright light that travels in through the open curtains.I look around and see white, bland walls.There is an IV hooked to my arm.I rack my brain for any memory of what happened prior.

Just as a headache starts to form at the back of my head,I remember having breakfast and instantly feeling nauseated and excruciating pain in my stomach.

I knew exactly who and what caused this.It wasn't simply and allergic reaction,the only thing I am allergic to is penicillin.The maid that locked me up was the one behind this.She was the one making the food and I was under the impression that she was lusting after Lucien.So my guess was that she probably wanted to eliminate the competition.

I don't have much time to dwell on the thought as a doctor burst in through the door with Giovanie trailing behind him.He caught my eye and nodded.

"Good morning Dr.Hayes.I am sorry we had to meet under such circumstances.How are you feeling?"Dr.Mason,one of the surgeons that I once performed a surgery on an elderly woman with says and takes out clipboard and a pen.

"My stomach is burning more than it is normal in cases of food poisoning.What type of poison was used on me?"I asked strained.He hands me a water bottle and I nod in appreciation.I gulp down a generous amount and hiss when it enters my stomach.

"Scarlett take it slow,"Giovanie said worriedly and I bit my lip in pain.

"Dr.Hayes.Your stomach lining is a little torn and needs a lot of time to heal.We are conflicted whether it was rat poison or another poison we are yet to discover.You can only drink a small amount of water.Nutrients will be given to you through IV tubes only.You are not allowed to eat solid food.You cannot walk for two or more days.Your partner will be taking care of you,"he says and I quirk my eyebrow.

"Partner?"Giovanie smirks and I shoot him a look.

"Mr.De Luca.Or are you two married?"he asked and I shook my head quickly.However, when I try to speak Giovanie cuts in.

"They're engaged,"he says and I glare at him.

"No we're not-"I am cut off once again and I scowl.

"Well congratulations dear!"he praises and I just smile tightly.News will spread quickly among staff and end up at my work place in no time.

Giovanie's phone rang and he turned around to take the call.He talks in a hushed voice before glancing at me over his shoulder.

"Yes she's awake,"Giovanie said to which I assumed was Lucien.I can't help but wonder where he is and what he's doing.The amount of times I think about that man daily is concerning.

"Okay.I'll let you know when anything happens,"he said and hung up.

"We have to get out of here,"he walked over and shoved  my clothes  into my duffel bag and looked over to the doctor."I need you to prescribe her medicine so I can pay the bill and check out,"he says and I craned my neck to look over to the window.I wouldn't be allowed to leave the hospital.I haven't even been thoroughly treated.

"Sir you can't do that.The patient has to remain in the hospital for the rest of the day,"he argued and Giovanie strided over to him.

"Get the prescription right now,"I heard the click of a gun and my eyes widened and so did Dr.Mason's.He quickly nodded and scurried off out of the room.

"Wait...what the hell is going on?"I sat up straighter and he picked up more of my belongings.

"Russians are planning something.I have to get you to the house before they try and pursue us,"he said and I threw the blanket off myself.I try to stand up but a sharp pain struck my stomach.I hiss and clutched my stomach.Giovanie grabbed my bag and rushed over to me.He lifted me up carefully in his arms and rushed over to the door.

"Pardon the intrusion," he said quickly.

"Where the hell is Lucien?"he looked up down my stomach before answering.

"Busy with some important business,"he said and I thought back to what Lucien was doing last.

Was he busy torturing that maid?Was he tending to some sort of shady business?I had yet to know.

"What's that for?"I question as Giovanie wraps a blanket around me.

"It's freezing outside and I can't undress you and you can't do it yourself.With only the hospital gown on you're practically naked,"he says and throws my duffel bag over his shoulder.My cheeks tinged red as I realized I was in fact practically naked.

A nurse knocked on the door and wheels in a wheelchair.Giovanie sat me down in it and wheels me out.The new position is slightly uncomfortable but not painful.He gets my medicine and signs the papers and pays the bills.

He wheels me out of the hospital to the parking lot where we see Garret standing next to the car.

"Hi Mr.Garret,"I greet him and he greets me back.

"Hi Ms.Scarlett.Hope you're feeling better,"he smiles and I nod.

They put me in the car and we set off on the journey to escape the blood thirsty Russians.We drive off to the estate and about a few minutes in, something feels off.I look back through the window to see three black SUV's tailing us.I keep staring at it and when we turn left, they also turns.

"You know we are being followed right?"I asked Giovanie and he nodded.Only then did I see what he was busy with.He was loading guns.

"Pick up the speed,"he told Garret and we go a lot faster.The seat belt strained against my stomach and I groaned.Just then,gunshots were fired and I feel my head being pushed down before shattered glass fall on us.

It's funny how I've been in danger since Lucien practically took me in.Today is the day I die at the age of twenty-five.