Chapter 19

I wake up to seeing Derek and Nicole's faces. I instantly look around and I cannot recognize this room, but when I look at the window it looks quite similar to Shanice's house.

It looks light outside, is it already morning?

"H-hey..." Nicole says and her voice is shaking.

Memories from last night flood my mind right back, she yelled at me and called me that word which triggering flashbacks.

Derek hands me a glass of water and I take it, slowly sipping from it.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"In my bedroom," Derek replies.

So Derek lives with Shanice? I'm confused. Are they siblings or... like together, maybe an open relationship?

"We wanted to call an ambulance but the whole house was full of drunk underage people, including you," he explains as he puts a hand behind his neck, he seems quite remorseful.

Fuck... no. I didn't call my parents or tell them I'd stay all night.

"I called your parents, I said you slept over at my house," Nicole says almost reading my mind. I'm so glad.

"Has everyone left?" I ask them.

"Yes. Shanice is here but she is sleeping, she is pissed off drunk. Dominic had to leave too," Derek says.

"Did everyone see- me... in that state?"

I remember I kept screaming 'please, stop,' so embarrassing.

"Some people did, but most were drunk as fuck and probably won't remember it," Derek reassures me and he looks so worried about me. It makes me more confused.

My head still hurts, it's probably the withdrawal from coke or just hangover.

"I will let you rest and I'm going to come back so we can talk about what I did. I'm so sorry, Ronnie," Nicole apologizes and she pulls the blanket over my legs.

I just nod and she leaves. Is Derek staying here with me?

"Do you want anything to eat?" Derek offers me and looks at me like I'm fragile which throws me off guard for a second. I stare at him without replying and he seems nervous.

It's like they both know what happened to me that morning and this thought alone disturbs me a lot.

"I do," I say. I'm so hungry I didn't even get to snack on something because of Nicole.

He smiles and stands up. I stare at the wall for thirty minutes, at a certain point I hear a slight knock on the door.

"Yes?" I ask and he peeks his head through the opened door.

"Do you like mushrooms?"

"Yes...?" I answer confused. Surprised he would even offer to make food for me, especially food I'd enjoy.

I continue staring at the wall and after a few minutes, he comes with so much food. Oh gosh.

Omelet with mushrooms, pancakes with maple syrup, and a fruit salad, and it surprisingly looks delicious.

I don't think I can eat this much.

"That's a lot of food!" I exclaim. This man... he is doing legit too much for me and I treated him horribly. I feel guilty.

I feel a weird sensation... in my heart and stomach. I cannot quite understand what it is.

It's probably hunger.