Chapter 15

》Y/N's POV 

》Y/N's POV 

I wake up feeling my head pound as if it was hit by a rock. I look up to find the cocoon like thing that helps me sleep over me, which means I'm in my room.

The thing is that I have no memory of walking myself to bed. 

I cast the thing off and sit up in bed. I realize I'm still wearing yesterday's clothes. I start to question how I got here. Did I get drunk? Did I make a fool of myself? Am I in trouble? What happened last night?

I get out of bed and go to the washroom. I take off the dress and take a shower to try and calm my nerves. 

I must act as if nothing happened even if my mind is on fire.

Once out of the warm bath, I dress in my uniform, pull back my hair and arm myself up as usual. I go have breakfast with the soldiers like every morning, no one mentions a thing of last night so I start to calm down a bit. 

After I eat I make my way to Loki's room. I just hope that today we can finally start our research as planned. Hopefully there will be no more attacks.

I knock on the door to Loki's room  to let him know I'm here, and open the door. 

When I walk in he's eating breakfast  and reading a book that has English lettering. 

"Morning your highness." I say coming in and closing the door behind me.

"Good morning," Loki says monotonously as he keeps his eyes glued to his book. 

I come over to him and sit down right in front of him. 

"Loki, do you know if I got really drunk last night? Did I do anything stupid?"

Loki's green eyes still focus on the pages  and I wonder what's so interesting that has him spaced out. "Don't worry, you didn't really do anything abnormal, and you were most certainly not drunk."

I sigh in relief, but one question still lingers in my mind, "Then how did I get to my room? The last thing I remember is having this horrible headache and I was at the table with you, Thor and his friends. I know I completely blacked out at some point and next thing I know I'm awake in my bedroom."

Loki finally closes his book, looking at me with intensity. I can't help but hold my breath at his cold gaze. "Well you were not yourself last night. We were at the table and I was engaging in an interesting conversation with my former friends, I felt your presence leave our table. I followed you through the crowd to Odin's treasure room."

I feel a sudden cold rush through my veins as I try to remember at least a little of what might have happened.

"You were reaching for the tesseract," 

I frown at that, "Tesseract?"

"It's a blue cube with great powers. It is dangerous in wrong hands." There's a darkness clouding Loki's eyes that makes me tremble a little. "It is one of Odin's most treasured possessions. You wanted the thing and I tried to stop you from reaching it. We fought until I managed to stop you from potentially shredding me to peices and you just slumped up in defeat, you passed out completely."