Painting

Unlike with Voya, they had a bit of time for preparation with the twins. Though they hadn't planned for two, doubling what they had didn't take long, the thing that took some rethinking was the room. The baby room, now intended for two children, had to now be painted.

Sukara and Korra stood in old clothes, paint brushes in hand, trying not to mess about too much while they painted the wall. Asami and Kuvira sat in the kitchen, Kuvira being pregnant wouldn't last long standing for hours and she was more than willing to sit out of the monotonous activity. Asami had chosen to sit with her and her and Korra's own son, Tikkani that they recently adopted. He and Voya got on pretty well, so they went off to play while Kuvira and Asami talked. After spending so much time together over the past couple of years, the tention between them seemed to have eased.

"She's so concerned about what they're going to think of her," Kuvira explained, telling Asami about how stressed Sukara had been recently, "like with the room, she wanted it to be different so they didn't think we only wanted one."

"Well, that because of her mother," Asami told her, sipping at her tea, "she spent so long obsessing over what she thought of her and knowing that her mother hated her, it broke her."

"I know," Kuvira sighed, trying to stretch a little, "but they're babies, they're not going to care what colour their room is. And they're not going to feel like that, because Sukara doesn't hate her kids."

"I get that, but she's going to be nervous," Asami said, wrapping her hand around the tea cup to keep them warm, "how's she been with the whole pregnancy thing though? Or is she too wrapped up in her worries?"

"No, she's been great," Kuvira smiled, placing hand on her bump to massage it gently, "she even ropes Voya in to help sometimes. She'll do anything I ask, literally anything without question."

"That sounds nice," Asami chuckled, "Korra's sweet but I don't think she'd do anything."

Kuvira smiled and laughed a little as giggling came from the other room, "Sukara's not usually like this, she'll go back to normal once the boys are here."

"Just enjoying it while it lasts," Asami smiled, looking up as Korra and Sukara reappeared from upstairs.

They were laughing with broad smiles as they came into the room. Paint splattered all over them.

"Did you paint the walls?" Kuvira asked, raising an eyebrow at how messy her wife was, "or just each other?"

"It is done," Sukara smiled, staying where she was while Korra made her way over to Asami.

"No," Asami warned, holding her hands out to try and stop her from touching her with her paint covered hands, "no way, back off."

"What?" Korra asked, a playful smirk on her face as she tried to plan her attack, "I'm just trying to give you a hug, don't you want one?"

"Korra, sweetie, I mean it," Asami tried to surpress her laughter but it did go well as she pushed back her chair to get away from her, "you're gonna get paint all over me."

Korra only laughed as she lunged forward, Asami tried to get away but she wasn't fast enough, Korra wrapped her arms around her wife. Getting paint all over her.