Chapter 49

Once everyone had geared up with ghost weapons, they headed back out onto the streets of Gotham. Danny sent a message to Frostbite and Clockwork. He could only hope that it would reach them in time.

The team and Batman had split up around the city to cover the most ground. They were trying to find Dani before Vlad had time to make a new plan. "Hey."

Danny looked over his shoulder and saw Dick land on a rooftop next to him. "Hi." He flew over and landed next to him.

"Are your powers back?" he asked.

Danny held his hand up and it started glowing green. "Yeah, I think so."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Danny looked confused. "I get the whole, 'anyone I tell about my powers gets hurt' thing. But you knew Bruce and I were superheroes. You could have told us."

Danny hung his head as they continued searching. "It was more than that. When I first came to live with you guys, I made it very clear in my mind that I would only be staying until I turned 18. I saw no point in telling you guys since I wasn't going to be there very long. Besides... I thought you might have made me leave if I told you..."

"Leave?" Dick asked in shock.

"I'm a ghost," Danny stated as if that explained everything. "Normally, people are afraid of ghosts. My parents were at least. In fact, most people in Amity Park were scared of ghosts." Dick looked confused. "Because of the ghost portal my parents built, ghosts were able to travel to Amity Park more easily. That meant that they enjoyed tormenting the town. My parents were ghost hunters and tried to protect the city. Unfortunately, they weren't very good at it. Me and my friends Sam and Tucker decided that it was up to us to protect Amity Park from the ghosts. My sister Jazz started helping us eventually."

"Danny, Bruce would never make you leave simply because you're a ghost." Dick comforted him. "Sure, you half died, trust me, that doesn't make you the strongest person I've ever met. On the team alone we have a guy that can breathe underwater, an alien, a clone, a magician, and a kid that can run faster than the speed of sound. And don't get me started on some of the weird powers members of the Justice League have."

Danny laughed, "Okay, I get your point. I'm sorry I lied to you for so long."

Dick smiled, "Don't be. After all, Bruce and I have been keeping our fair share of secrets. I'm just amazed that you were able to fool us for so long."

"I did have a few slip-ups." Danny grinned, "Remember when I called you the world's greatest detective on the camping trip?"

"That's right!" Dick laughed, "And that must have been why you don't eat as much as normal people." He nodded.

"Remember in the car crash, you said you saw a blue puff come out of my mouth?" Dick nodded, "That was my ghost sense, it tells me when ghosts are around. At the time, it was reacting to Desiree."

"Oh, that makes a lot more sense..." Dick nodded, "And when we first met Dani, she was about to introduce herself as Dani Fenton wasn't, she? But you stopped her."

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting to run into you guys, so I didn't tell her what to say." He looked down. "I'm so worried about her."

"It's going to be alright," Dick assured him. "You said you figured out what Vlad was planning, that gives us an edge."

Danny shook his head, "Not with Vlad. I'm sure he knows I've figured it out by now. It's only taken me literal months. It was all staring me right in the face, I just couldn't put it together."

"Hey," Dick stopped on a roof and pointed down. "What's that?"

Danny stared down and saw a glowing green light coming from a warehouse. A moment late, Danny's ghost sense went off. "That's it. That's where he's keeping her. Call the others. It's time we ended this once and for all."   

(A/N - Hey guys thanks for reading. I'm sorry if this chapter isn't as good, I'm not very good at bringing stories to a close, so I hope it's ok. Stay whelmed and go ghost!)