Second Muster: Chapter 49

***

***

"Show me what you've got," Yeora challenges Namjoon once they gathered at the library.

His generals and chief captains are present and so does Jennie's who came for aid. Namjoon spreads the large map thay was scrolled in the corner of King Jimin's library. This is the only time that it has been opened again and it marks a significant era for the royals. Finally, they're not battling each other.

Namjoon rolls his shoulder and raises his brow. "Do you really trust me on this? I could still be n enemy?" he reminds them.

Yoera sighs and settles herself more into the large wooden chair where Jimin used to sit.

"I could easily kill you your majesty. But right now, we need your brain to work if I want this to succeed," she nods as a sign thay she truly trusts the once mortal enemy of Jimin.

The wise king nods and finally puts a horse on the castle walls with a stick and pushes 3 more into the gates.

"Generals will stay here to guard your lands," he says and places anither chess piece unto the ocean that's still within Jimin's territories.

"Merfolks stays here to stand as guard. I may not know the reason but I feel like we need them there. We need them to stay as a look out, King Jimin might be a powerful king but we still don't know his weakness. It may be on water, fire or even air,"

Then it clicks in Yeora's head.

"Water," she whispers but loud enough for all the vampire people to hear. She then nods in triumph.

"I think I know where Selene hid him," she speaks and stands up to walk where Namjoon is standing.

"You see, King Jimin can transform into anything but if he's placed in an  element where he won't be able to survive, his stance will weaken," she adds.

She then places the queen further into the map where the ocean is deep enough to not even think about the possibility. She then points at the location and looks at Namjoon.

"King Jimin is out there somewhere. I'll be the one to search for him under the ocean together with the merfolks. You stand guard here with Taehyung and the rest before we attack her layer. Selene will lose it once she finds out I finally found Jimin. She'll be more than out numbered," she finalizes without a stutter and that might seem the best option for now.

Search for the missing king so they'll be able to take Jungkook back without worrying about Jimin's well being.

"What about the Prince?" Jungkook's father ask.

"Don't worry, Selene won't kill him. He might get some scratches or bruise but she won't be able to kill him. Besides, Lisa was with him anyways," Yeora affirms his father. He then nods in agreement somehow positive about the plan.

"We'll prepare here in King Jimin's grounds while we await your return," Hoseok speaks.

"It's time," Yeora gives the go signal and everyone leaves except for Taehyung who's sceptical about letting Yeora go alone in search for Jimin.

Yeora watches him sit down on an empty chair near the large window. The moon is up and so is his concern for her.

"What are you waiting for my dear?" Yeora speaks to him like how she does years ago whenever they're alone.

Taehyung glares at her under the shadows and looks away. "I'm coming with you," he says darkly.

"Are my orders not clear?" Yeora walks to him with irritation.

She wants him safe, he'll never be safe under water. He knows that!

"I promised the queen to protect you with my life! I will never back down on that," Taehyung stands up to defy his master.

Yeora growls and pushes Taehyung to his knees. Her crimson eyes glowing not in anger but with sympathy. Taehyung lowers his eyes to the ground and closes his eyes. He thoight he made her angry but what he didn't know was that he only made her feel weak.

"You know, being with you was the best days of my entire existence. When I found you in that barren land, I wanted to weep because I can feel how lonely you were. I tasted it in you blood, I felt it in your trembles. I was the one who devoured you yet you didn't complain that moment. You were hoping to be full but you let me take you instead. I knew you'd be loyal right then and there,"

"I also knew you love me," she whispers, kneels ro his level and cups his face.

Taehyung got alarmed that she's kneeling at his level. Royals don't do that! His eyes shot wide but was only met by here red eyes. Glistened with tears that shines under the moonlight.

Yeora then runs her thumb on his lower lip ever so gently. "You knew?" Taehyung asked. She only nods and revels at how beautiful her servant is.

How she tried to resist him. She knew he'd die if she gives into his temptation. After all, he is her servant. Tales have been ramoant throughout her lands that once a master caves in to the servant's tempation, the servant dies.

"I adore you so much Taehyung. I know you deserve better so before we finish this war, I want to set things right for you," she caresses his face gently like he's a delicate porceleine doll.

"I setting you free," she says and kisses his lips as a seal.

Taehyung resisted. She was the only right thing that happened to him. She is his salvation. He kew it's too late, he can feel his right wing being planted in his back. He knew he only had one wing left so it was a surprise to him when another wing starts sprouting from his back ripping his shirt.

Yeora is giving him back his other wing which means she's sacrificing a portion of her life. He tries to oush her away but Yeora is strong. Strong enough to keep their lips connceted until everything's done.

She backs away and smiles at him. "You'll be your own master now Taehyung. Now you decide whether you'd fight alongside me or you'll set off,"

Taehyung stands up wuth his new found strength. With his chin held high and his heart broken, he bows to the his queen.

"I will fight with you till I die your majesty," he proclaimed.

•••
Unedited