Author's Note + Playlist

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! I promise not to go on and on, but I do want to provide a little info about this story before you dive in. Firstly, it's quite near and dear to me - like everything I write. The core of this story centers around a simple question: how would you life your life if you knew you were going to die soon, which, inevitably, we all are (sorry, not to get all morbid on everyone!). 

Also, I have an EXTREME love of the enemies to lovers trope. Like, extreme. There is something so wonderful about two people with differing perspectives coming together and finding common ground - and maybe a little love along the way! And so, this story will revolve around the protagonist, Delia, not only facing her terrifying daily struggle of hearing death dates, but developing a slow relationship with the person she thought she'd forever loathe. Oh yeah, slow burns are also my jam, so be prepared to wait! 

Anyway, this story made me push myself and take a look at how I view the world, and my sincere hope is that, if you do decide to read it, you not only enjoy Delia's story but also find some connection to it. 

Thank you for stopping by! Read, vote, comment! I love hearing from you all!

P L A Y L I S T

Small PSA before you dive in: music is life. It evokes emotion, memories, and connections that nothing else can. I decided to add a playlist for this story because, while I was writing, all of the songs listed did just that. Some of them are tied to a few of the themes and other's are nostalgic of my time living in San Diego (my husband was stationed there from 2012-2014), but each one will forever hold a special place in my heart. 

i. All I Want - Joni Mitchell/ii. Miracle Mile - Cold War Kids/iii. Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood/iv. Hurricane - MS MR 5/v. That'll Be the Day - Buddy Holly/vi. It's About Time - Young the Giant/vii. Halo - Cage the Elephant/viii. Satellite - Guster/ix. Canyon - Joseph/x. California - Delta Spirit/xi. Broken Open - Cold War Kids/xii. Dig - Incubus/xiii. The Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana (lyrics by David Bowie)/xiv. Can I Believe You - Fleet Foxes/xv. In My Life - The Beatles/xvi. Girl Sailor - The Shins/xvii. Journey Through the Past - Neil Young/xviii. Parallel Lines - Kings of Convenience/xix. Tessellate - alt-J /xx. After the Bombs - The Decemberists