Chapter 4

My back was next to her as I slid down the wall

My back was next to her as I slid down the wall. We were both breathing heavily as we stared across the room. Sitting on the floor as the pain ebbed away from her surprisingly strong kick.

"Let's just take a break," she breathed. "I just need to catch my breath for a second."

"Would you relax?"

She gave me a long stare with narrowed eyes. "You came into my house with a gun and are trying to kill me. You think I am going to relax?"

"I was going to kill you. Now I am debating it."

"Lucky me." She said sarcastically.

We sat in silence and I ran my hand down my face in disbelief.

I was more shocked that I wasn't going to kill than she was. I always finished a job.

But this, this was different.

She shook her head as she looked at nothing.

"I can't believe this." She muttered to herself. "Someone broke into my house to murder me."

"I didn't break in, I used the key."

"That's even worse."

"You're the one that hides the key under the mat."

"No one has tried to break in before."

I just shook my head at her stupidity.

Maybe killing her would be a blessing to the world.

But I couldn't kill her. I could not force myself to get up and strangle her to death. No matter how much I wanted to.

Not after seeing that photo.

"What made you change your mind?"

"You put up a good fight." I lied.

"At least I'll die impressing my murderer." She shuttered.

"I never murdered you."

"Yet." She exasperated.

I groaned loudly.

We both surveyed the other. Scrutinizing every detail.

Though her green medusa eyes looked like they were trying to turn me to stone.

She wore plaid pyjama pants with a grey tank top that didn't leave much to the imagination. She was easy to look at. It wasn't a shock as to why guys were pining for her attention at the bar. Blond hair, full lips, round eyes.

Even in worn pyjamas and one pink sock, she would attract the attention of any guy. Though I doubt she would ever notice. For someone who had a hit on them, she gave an aura of innocence. I learned early on that looks could be deceiving.