The Impossible

Year 850 

*WOOSH*

"Mikasa! You have to slow down!" I shout for Mikasa as she moves dangerously fast. 

"How are we supposed to keep up with her?!" Connie asks. 

"That's the problem, it isn't just her skill that allows her to go fast, she is using up way too much gas," Armin says.

"It doesn't matter how much skill a person may have if you lose your mobility you are helpless," I   add.

"Look at her, I knew it...She isn't as cool-hearted as usual." Armin takes a read on Mikasa. 

"Right, she is in pain...And she doesn't know how to dispose of it other than fighting..." My heart aches for her. 

"But before you know it she'll-" I choke on my words. 

As Mikasa is hooking onto a tall tower, her gas runs out leaving her to fall back where we lose sight of her. 

"Mikasa!" Armin and I shout. 

I, myself, push my gas to find her quickly knowing that I could make the same mistake. 

"(Y/n)!!" Jean calls out directly behind me. 

I completely disregard Jean's call out and continue to push until the ground beneath me was shadowed. 

'What the hell?'

I turn my head slowly to my right to see a giant hand reach out for me. 

'No-'

*GRAB*

It all had happened in slow motion. I felt a pair of arms get wrapped around my body. 

*CRASH*

My body ached as I crashed into a rooftop. The pair of arms tightened around my body. 

"Hm?" 

They had placed their hands on my head and waist with our legs being intertwined. 

"Y-You okay?" Their tight grip loosened as I separate our bodies. 

"I'm not dead. Thanks to yo- AH!" As I turn around I see Jean slowly sitting up. 

"You're welcome..." He gets up and holds his hand out. 

"I feel like that comes with a price..." I take his hand as he helps me up to my feet. 

"Just a bit of praising later...Oh and let's be clear on one thing, that was pure instinct, it's not like we are friends or anything." I give him a straight look. 

"Your timing sucks," I say punching his arm. 

"There you guys are! Are you okay? All we saw was a titan reaching out for you then Jean went off!" Connie says patting me down. 

"Yeah, I'm okay but have you guys found Mikasa?" I brush off the debris left in my jacket. 

"Armin split from me to find her," Connie says pointing just north-west of us. 

"Well then...Why are we still here?" I set off to find the pair. 

------------------------------------

"Oh, Mikasa!!Thank god!" I hug her from behind. 

*WHUMP* 

Mikasa grabs me and flips me over.