Sparkle | رونق

گھر اپ ہی جگمگا اٹھے گا

                                                                           دہلیز پے ایک قدم بھی بہت ہے  

( Ghar ap hi jagmaga uthay ga

dehleez pay aik qadum bhi bohut hai)

KHAN VILLA:

After a long hectic day, Faryal reached home. Today was the first day of her last semester in university. As expected, the workload has been increased due to research and her exchange semester.

She heard some noise coming from the kitchen, knowing the person a smile crept on her face. She silently tiptoed towards the kitchen, wrapped her hands around the figure standing in front of her, placed her chin on the shoulder, and whispered "Assalam u Alikum Amma jan (Faryal's paternal grandmother)."

Amma turned her face towards Faryal, kissed her on her cheek lovingly.

"Walikum assalam! tum kub ayi meri jan? (when did you come back my love?)", Amma asked.

"Bus Abhi, (right now)", she replied.

"How was your day?", Amma said.

"Busy as expected, but it feels great to be there again Amma Jan. God knows how much I have missed you, Baba Jan and Agha Jan", she pouted. "I can't imagine now living away from all of you".

"But you were the one who kept praying for the selection," Amma Jan said teasingly to which Faryal chuckled.

"Look what I am cooking for you, your favorite biryani", Amma Jan added.

"Amma, how many times do I have to tell you to take a rest. Azra baji (helper) is here to take care of these things" Faryal replied, faking the anger.

"I am absolutely fine now, you and Ismail (Faryal's father) both are just exaggerating about my health" Amma replied to which Faryal sighed in dismay.

After some time Baba Jan (Faryal's father) and Agha Jan (Faryal's grand-father) returned home and they had their dinner together.

During the dinner, Faryal's cute antics brought a smile over the face of everyone, bringing back the Ronaq (sparkle) of Khan villa after about six months.

Durrani house:

"Noooo... you are cheating Bhai. I'm not playing anymore with you", Zain shrieked in an annoyed voice and threw his controller.

"Oh come on man, when did I cheat? every time you lose you start blaming me. Show some sportsmanship spirits, idiot", Huzaifa replied and rolled his eyes.

"I didn't lose, you clearly cheated Bhai", Zain whined.

"Loser", Huzaifa muttered.

"Cheater", Zain replied.

Zain and Huzaifa stopped their war of words when their eyes fell on Zohaib.

It's been a week since their last argument, but Zohaib was still not speaking much. Seeing him in this condition was heartbreaking for the whole family.

Zain stood up and took Zahra from Zohaib.

"Zahra meri jan (My love), please grow up fast and play with your favorite chachu. Huzaifa chachu keeps torturing me", Zain said in a baby voice making Zahra giggle.

"No Zahra, don't trust this brat. He is misleading you. I know you love me the most", Huzaifa said further trying to pull the leg of poor Zain, which surely worked.

"No way, she loves me the most", Zain said pointing towards himself.

"Huh, she loves me the most, haina (Right?) Zahra?", Huzaifa replied while throwing daggers towards Zain.

(Finally, ladies and gentleman, the fight started again. (slow claps haha)👏

Zahra kept giggling as she was enjoying the drama.

Zohaib was enjoying the fight silently. Finally, he stood up from his place, took Zahra in his hands, kissed her on the forehead, and said with a playful smile "You both are wrong actually, Zahra loves her daddy the most".

"Bhaiiiiii", this time both Zain and Huzaifa whined in a unison, to which Zohaib smiled. Seeing a playful Zohaib after so long brought smiles to the faces of his brothers as well.

Zain and Huzaifa stood up from their places and joined Zohaib and Zahra for a group hug.

From the window of her room, Saba (their mother) was watching her children like this with tears-filled eyes. She prayed for the happiness of her children, and made a promise to herself, that she will bring back the happiness of his son and her family no matter what it takes. 

                                 *****

Which family do you like "The Durrani's" or "The Khan's"?

Do comment below.

Any type of feedback would be highly appreciated.❤

RISE AND SHINE.✨