eighteen

The next morning we were all up bright and early, running around the house as we packed our trunks last minute. When the alarm went off at eight in the morning, I had to practically drag James out of bed to pack and get ready to head to Kings Cross Station.

I was hauling my trunk down the staircase as I listened to Sirius scream for everyone in the foyer.

He had gotten up extra early so that he could run and get brunch for all of us to eat once we got on the train, and Sirius was waiting for all of us in the foyer.

James came rushing down the staircase right behind me, "Shut the fuck up!"

"Get your arse down here!"

"Both of you, shut up!" I screamed, dropping my trunk on the floor of the foyer.

Remus came walking in from the kitchen, carrying a to-go cup of coffee for me. I gladly took it, "Thanks Moony, you're a saint."

Sirius took a sip of my coffee before handing it back to me, "Can we go now?"

"I'm ready," James mumbled, "Ready to get away from you're noisy arse."

Sirius smirked, "You're just so excited to go back to being my roommate, aren't you?"

James glared at Sirius as he stepped up to the fireplace, trunk in his hands.

"I am ecstatic." James scoffed, grabbing a handful of Floo powder.

I stifled a laugh as James yelled his destination.

"PLATFORM 9 3/4."

Sirius stepped into the fireplace next, as soon as the green flames and smoke subsided. Remus followed after Sirius, leaving me standing alone in the living room.

I sighed as I silently said my goodbyes to my favorite city and the memories that we had created here.

Grabbing a handful of Floo powder, I stepped into the fireplace and closed my eyes, preparing for the twisting and turning.

"PLATFORM 9 3/4."

I opened my eyes as the dust subsided, and stepped out of the fireplace, brushing nonexistent soot off of my jumper-, well James' quidditch jumper.

I didn't even have time to register my surroundings as I was pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

"Daph!"

My arms quickly embraced Jolie back, her blonde hair blocking my view of the boys who were most definitely laughing.

Jolie abruptly pulled away from our hug and hit me upside the head.

"Oi!"

"That was for not telling me that you and Potter are dating!"

I looked up at Jolie and saw that she was now smiling, a million different questions running through her head.

"You have to tell me everything."

I laughed, "Oh, I will."

James, in my peripheral vision, gave me an odd look, followed by his signature smirk.

"Well-, maybe not everything."

Sirius coughed, "Big house, but I have very good hearing."

James and I blushed red as the other three people began to laugh.

"Come on," Remus laughed, "We don't wanna miss the train."

James took my trunk from my hand and kissed me on the cheek before he bounded onto the train, followed closely by Remus and Sirius.