40

" tragedy "

"Time to go kid!" Din shouts as they finally make it up to the seeing stone

"Time to go kid!" Din shouts as they finally make it up to the seeing stone. The child is still in some sort of trance surrounded by the same blue energy field they saw earlier. Lana takes a deep breath, with every step toward the child it's getting to be harder and harder to keep going. Just as she is almost able to grab the kid, she is thrown out of the structure by the energy.

"Lana!" Din yells running to her side. He rests on one knee, turning her over on her back. She is knocked out by the sheer impact. Din makes a difficult decision to try to get the child. "Grogu! Grogu, we need to go!" He begins stepping closer, only to be thrown out as well.

•·················•·················•

Din wakes, groggy he stands up to see Lana still on the ground. He grabs her to sit up, shaking her to wake. "Lana! Up now." He yells into her helmet. She quickly comes to with a gasp. Din helps her to her feet. He looks down at the bottom of the mountain where he sees another hoard of troopers coming in. Din tries stepping toward the child again, "Din stop, it's no use." Lana reaches her hand out.

Din steps away, panting. "Alright kid, we're gonna protect you. Just stay right there." Din draws his pistol from his holster. Lana takes a deep breath, "Let's move."

They sprint down the side of the mountain, Lana tries her best to keep up with Din without rolling her ankles on the rough terrain. They begin hearing blaster fire close by, Din picks up his speed, Lana desperately tries to keep his pace. "There's Fennec!" Lana shouts seeing her ambushed by a squad of troopers.

Din initiates his whistling birds, knocking the ones closest to them down. "Okay, let's move in." Din and Lana stand in front of Fennec with their beskar taking the heavy shooting. With every hit to their amor the two grunt, trying to get a shot in. From behind them Fennec uses her sniper to shoot the troopers further away down. "This isn't looking good." She says to the two.

"We've seen worse." Din says drawing his other blaster. Fennec swings under their arms to get another shot in. Lana takes a shot to her helmet, she refuses to give up, shaking away the pain she had in her head. Lana and Din stand back to back, "You can get out of here. We owe you for last time."

"We have a deal." Fennec says slowly backing up. Shots continuously ping off their armor, Lana tries not to lose hope but with the situation they were in now it was hard not to. Troopers just kept coming and coming and the three of them had no match against them.

All of the sudden a grenade, similar to the ones hanging off Din's belt, falls from the sky. Some of troopers opposing them were blown away from the impact. From in front of them, they see Boba Fett decorated in the armor he wanted back so dearly. He stands in front of one of the Troopers terrifyingly. Like nothing he drew his blaster, shooting him down. He turns his head to more oncoming troopers, pointing his wrist and delivering deadly blasts from it.