1

"WHAT THE HELL BRIAN" I scream at my not-so-loyal boyfriend as I walk up to him. After he turns around to face me, it obviously he knows exactly what I was yelling about. He had his signature guilty smirk on his face, and I hated it with every bone in my body.

"Oh hey babe, what seems to be the matter" he says, Brian was going to make me say it. I had already made a scene, about 20 college students were looking at us, but I didn't care. The only thing I cared about was showing Brian how much he hurt me by his betrayal.

I sighed, I started to tear up, knowing that this was the end of us. Pulling all my strength I had, I simply looked at him and said "You fucked Hannah Bridges"

Hannah and I had been best friends since we were little. That is until she broke down last night in my dorm and confessed she and my boyfriend had hooked up the night before.

My world crumpled when she told me what she had done.

The 2 people I trusted the most lied straight to my face. I was hurt but Brian and I had been fighting for awhile so this for the best.

Brian stared at me for a moment almost confused about how I knew, "Whatever bullshit your little friend fed you isn't true, Anna. The bitch fucking hates me" he scoffed. "You're lying, you wanna know how I know?" I snapped at him. He looked at me with a challenging look, with a sigh I pulled out my phone knowing the last video Hannah had sent me. Brian scoffed, "A text won't prove shit A"

I shook my head while turned my phone to him so he could see what was displayed on it, "Oh so a video of you fucking Hannah won't prove shit? Because I can see your 2 inch dick inside my best friend" I was yelling again. But I didn't care, he had lied to me twice now.

He lied the night he hooked up with Hannah, and he was lying to me right now.

Defeat washed over his face, not because he was losing me, but because he was caught. "Fine, I hooked up with her. I'm sorry babe, I can fix this. Let's go back to my apartment" he spoke to me softly.

I used to love when he spoke like that, it helped me remember where I was after a nightmare or when I was having a panic attack. But now, instead of trying to comfort me, he was trying to manipulate me.

Brian lend in to kiss me but I instinctively slapped him. He turned to face me slowly, he looked angry. No more than angry, oh my god, he's gonna kill me. "LISTEN YOU BI-" he was cut off a large figure pushing their way in between us, the mystery man landed a punch into Brian's jaw. I fell from the guy pushing his way to separate us.

Brian was a big guy, but whoever this man was, was bigger. I saw Brian hit the ground, covered in blood, I screamed. He looked dead but instead of remaining dead he opened his eyes and yelled at me "THIS IS YOUR FAULT, I'LL GET YOU BACK"

He got up and ran away, probably to his car, but I stayed still on the ground. Then my mystery hero knelt down to face me, god he was gorgeous. He looked he didn't know what to say, the man had his mouth opened but no words came out, he just pulled me into a hug.

After a couple minutes of me silently weeping in his arms, he finally spoke, "I'm so sorry about him, do you need a ride anywhere Love?" I sniffled into his shoulder and shook my head no in response. "Then at least let me help you up" he said in a soft comforting tone. I nodded him ok, I was soon being lifted up onto my feet. I wiped under my eyes in a weak attempt to make myself look like less of a mess. Finally meet the eyes of the man who saved me from Brian's rage. I gave a weak smile, still unable to talk. I couldn't tell if I could because of what just happened with my boyfriend or because the man in front of me was gorgeous, his suit hugged his huge muscles perfectly. He had light stubble, beautiful blue eyes, messily styled dark brown hair, and tattoos covering his hands and neck, I'm sure they cover his whole body. He was perfect in every way. The beautiful stranger finally broke the silence, "I'm Cade by the way" he offered a kind smile. Jesus and this man had a perfect smile, I finally snapped out of my trance to speak "I- I'm Anna" returning him a smile. Cade let out a small chuckle, "Why don't we get you away from here, I can drive you home or get you something to eat if you want" he said confidently. I don't know why but I automatically felt safe with Cade, so I took him up on his kind offer "I could actually go for some food" I said shyly. He gave me a big grin "Alright lets hit the road, what sounds good?" we had started to walk to wherever his car was on campus "How about a good burger, there's this cool little joint on 25th" I said starting relax in his company. "Perfect" he replies.