Chapter 5

When Sophie woke up she expected a huge wave of nausea, but instead she felt totally fine. She didn't expect the anti-nausea elixir to work, she mentally reminded herself to thank Elwin for that later. 

She got out of bed and wiped off some gross eye goop and put on a black tunic and blue pants. She reached into her jewellery stand and grabbed her Dire Wolf pin and her Ruewen Crest and clipped it onto her tunic. 

Before Sophie could get to her washroom to grab her brush the door burst open for the second day in the row, and Biana flew into the room. Sophie jumped and yelled, then she realized that it was Biana.

"What the Scheiße" She said the last word in German. For some reason whenever she was mad or scared she switched over to German.

 She stared at Biana for a quick second "Biana... You have to stop doing that!" She yelled. 

"Okay, well pregnancy is definitely giving you mood swings..." Sophie just glared at Biana, "Anyways, the reason I'm here is to give you theeeeese." She dragged out her e sound at the end of these and pulled out 3 baby onesies. Instead of making cute noises and fangirling over the adorable clothes, Sophie slapped them out of her hands and ran to shut the door. 

"Biana!" She wheezed, "The door was wide open! Anyone could've seen you!" She was looking around the room as if someone was there, saw the clothes and was going to start gossip. 

"Sophie." Biana rested her hand on her shoulder, "No one walks through these halls at 11:30 a.m, but you and me...They're always sleeping or studying in their rooms." Sophie let out the breath that she was holding.

"Still. Don't scare me like that again." She picked up the onesies and looked at them with complete and utter cuteness. "They. Are. So. Verdammt. Cute!" She yelled, the German came out again. The onesies were all yellow with little bee's, flowers and a sunshine on them. She looked up at Biana and hugged her "Thank you so much!" She pulled away from the hug remembering the reality of her being pregnant at 18 "I told Keefe by the way, and Elwin, Oh and Sandor." Biana looked at Sophie shocked. 

"You told Keefe?" She brought her voice down a bit, "How did he react?" She sat on the bed and waved for Sophie to sit beside her.

"Yea, he was shocked for a good 10 minutes." Sophie hid behind her hair well speaking, "Then he opened the door and hugged me, apologizing over and over." She glanced at Biana who was smiling sweetly.

"Wait so he's okay with being a dad?" 

"Yea," Sophie laughed at that, but then realized that she was going to be a mom... Her herself Sophie Elizabeth Foster was going to be a mom of Keefe Scencen's child "I'm going to be a mom." She looked over to Biana terrified. 

Biana hugged her "The coolest and best mom a kid could ever have." She let go and took the brush from Sophie's hand and brushed out her hair. Turns out that for the 30 minutes that Sophie's mind was wondering about how motherhood would be like and what she was going to do about telling her parents, Biana had braided 2 big braids down to the middle of her head and let the rest fall straight like how it usually did. Sophie looked in the mirror and wowed at her hair. She hugged Biana one last time as a thank you and got up, put a bit of mascara on and said bye. 

She had an Inflicting session in 5 minutes.

     Once she got to her lesson Bronte wasn't there per usual. She sat down in her chair where she added a cushion, because it was a crystal chair... Who wanted to sit in a crystal chair for 2 hours? No one, she convinced Bronte to let her or else she'd complain to him every single session. The doors opened and Bronte walked through.

"Good afternoon Ms.Foster."

"Hello, Bronte." She said as usual, hoping that her nervousness wasn't showing. She didn't need another person finding out that she was with child. 

Once he got to his grand ole chair he sat down folded his hands in his lap and announced "We're going to be playing a game per se. Today we're going to be using our mental shields to block each other's inflicting power." He smiled "If either of us doesn't have the strength to keep our shield up we will be hit with a full blow of inflicting." He straightened his crown "We will start with 20 seconds of inflicting, taking turns, whoever breaks first loses." Sophie smirked at him because she can easily target his heart and get through his mental shields. 

"I'm ready."

"Oh, and to be fair. We'll be using old school Inflicting, you may not use your targeting technique." Sophie's smile faltered, he was too scared of her. She smirked at that thought, "Let's begin. I'll go first."

After about 20 minutes of them inflicting on each other sweat started to trickle down both of their brows. Bronte started to look scared when it was Sophie's turn, and she was confident this was when he would break, but no. 

Of course not, when it was her turn she put up her shields and focused she nodded for him to go. She felt pressure, lot's and lots of pressure on her shields. It felt as if her whole body had a giant hand on it that was squeezing tighter and tighter.

Her brain was lagging, it was throbbing, she knew she couldn't hang on much longer, so she hoped that the time was almost up. Out of nowhere Sophie felt a crack in her wall and there, there was the moment where Bronte's claws came and tore it open. Before she even felt pain, her brain went straight from thinking about the pain to thinking about the baby and what inflicting would do to it. She needed it to stop, she needed to stop it. So, before the pain could reach inside that cracked wall she shut down, she shut her brain down. She quickly looked up to Bronte's horror before she let her knee's give out, and her brain decided to make her pass out to protect herself. 

And just like that the world went dark.