Meeting Ms Luthor

Karas POV
     I walked into CatCo like any other day. I had Ms Grants latte in hand quickly handing it to her.
"Thank you Keira. I'm gonna miss this." She added the last part as more of an after thought.
"What do you mean?" I ask getting slightly concerned.
"You'll find out later today." Cat said vaguely before taking a sip of her morning drink.
I nod before moving to my desk. I start looking through emails, not finding anything important I decided to talk to Nia.
     "Is it just me or has nothing interesting happened in like... months?" I ask resting my hands on her desk.
     "Yeah. You think I'd be a good thing but I'm just bored. Writing fluff stories doesn't keep you that busy."
     "Tell me about. I got to the point where I asked Cat if I could work as her assistant as well as a reporter. Even that's boring!"
     Nia nodded in agreement before resting her chin on her hand looking to the elevator, "I think things might get a lot more interesting."
     I knot my eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean?"
     "Look." She pointed to the two metal doors where a ravin haired woman was standing looking rather confused.
     "I'll be right back..." I trail off as I make my way over to her, "Um can I help you?"
     "Yes, I'm looking for Cat Grants office. Can you point me in the right direction?" The mysterious woman said smiling at me. Wow... she's Irish.
     "Well to see her you kind of need an appointment which, if my memory serves me correctly you don't have one."
     "Oh you see-"
     "Ah Keira! I see you've met Lena Luthor." Cat came over cutting off the woman
     "I guess I have... why didn't I know she was visiting? Did I forget to write something down?" I say starting to panic as I flip through my calendar.
     "No you didn't. Ms Luthor actually bought CatCo from me. So I'll be off. Goodbye Kira. I'll make sure to visit."
     Cat quickly made her way out of the office leaving my utterly confused. I can't believe she just left.
     "I'm assuming you were Cats old assistant?" Lena asked a smile still playing on her face.
     "I'm also a reporter..." I say awkwardly.
     "I can believe that. Well Keira can you tell everyone there will be a staff meeting in a few minutes? I want to get to know everyone."
     "My name isn't actually Keira."
     "Oh god, I'm so sorry. I must've misheard Cat when she said your name."
     "No you heard her correctly, she's had my name wrong since day one and never corrected it when I told her."
     "Well I would quite like to know your real name."
     "It's Kara."
     Lenas smile widens causing me to smile back, "Well it was nice to meet you Kara."
     Lena walked away going into Ms Grants old office. James quickly made his way over to me, his eyes trained on Lena just like mine.
     "Who's that?" He asks awestruck.
     "Lena Luthor... our new boss." I answer with a small smile on my face, "She wants the staff on her office in a few minutes."
     "I'll uh... help you spread the word." James said.
     We both lingered before he left to actually tell people. But I stayed frozen, I mean she's stunning. And the way she says my name makes my knees weak. I quickly shook my head before gathering everyone and heading to Lenas office.
"Hello everyone I am Lena Luthor the new owner of CatCo."
Everyone went through introductions telling Lena their jobs and what they enjoy doing. She then asked everyone to leave... except me.
"What can I do for you Ms Luthor?" I smile with a note pad in hand.
"Oh it's just... it's my first day in town and I was wondering if you know where any good bars were?"
"Oh that's easy. There's one a couple blocks from here." I answer scribbling down the address, "Here."
"Thank you I'll make sure to check it out."
"No problem." I smile turning to leave before I stop, "Um what would you like for lunch? I don't really know your preferences."
"Just a kale salad from wherever." Lena answers vaguely.
"No special instructions or something? Like do you want me to drizzle the ranch on, only seven croutons? And it doesn't have to be from some fancy restaurant across town that doesn't deliver? Anything like that?"
"No, A salad is a salad no matter where or how it's made. And who would only ask for seven croutons? No one eats a salad in seven bites." Lena asks with a cute little giggle.
"It's just the first number that popped in my head." I laugh slightly, "But I'll get your lunch right away."
"Take as much time as you need."
We smile at each other before I finally leave her office. I order her salad, and how can anyone ever like kale baffles me, but the order was nice and simple to say and I have no need to worry if they get the order wrong. I also made sure to order some potstickers for myself. About ten minutes later her salad and my potstickers arrived. I walk in and place the container on her desk and turn to leave.
"Kara, would you care to eat lunch with me?" Lena asks stopping me.
"Oh uh normally I would eat at my desk... Ms Grant said my chewing was distracting." I awkwardly push my glasses up my nose. It's become sort of a nervous habit throughout the years.
"Well I'm not Cat... plus I hate eating alone."
"Okay... sure." I sit down awkwardly pulling out my food from its bag, "Are you enjoying CatCo so far?"
     "Yes actually. The employees are all very nice, which considering you all worked for Cat I wasn't expecting."
     "Yeah well we're all full of surprises." I smile eating a potsticker as Lena takes a bite of her salad.
     We continued eating for awhile before Lena broke the silence, "How can you eat so much?"
     "How can you eat kale?" I shoot back after swallowing my mouthful.
     "Not a fan of the leafy green? I'm sure this salad would change your mind, it's amazing." Lena smirks lightly holding a forkful up to my mouth.
     I scrunch up my face in disgust shaking my head, "No way. Not happening."
     "Just one bite and I'll never make you eat kale again." Lena looks at me hopefully, green eyes staring into my soul.
     I let out a puff of air before crossing my arms, "One bite."
     "Yes!" Lena smiles once again holding the fork up to my lips.
     I reluctantly open my mouth as she feeds me the kale. I chew slowly as the disgusting flavor fills my mouth. Once I've finally forced it down my throat I immediately eat another potsticker.
     "Still not a fan I see?"
     "I will never be a fan of kale. It's just so... gross."
     "One day Kara Danvers, you will see the beauty of kale." Lena says dramatically taking another bite.
     I laugh and shake my head as we finish eating lunch. Small jokes thrown here and there and even the stealing of a potsticker or two. Something my other friends are family would've been murdered for. I guess Lena is just different. All I know for sure is that CatCo will be much more pleasant with her around.
•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•
Lenas POV
     Kara is an interesting character. She eats a lot which I actually find adorable, and she can say the weirdest things. She also can start rambling about almost any topic. And when she gets nervous or uncomfortable she messes with her glasses. I'm normally not this observant with well... anyone, but for some reason I couldn't help myself from picking up on her small habits. Her eyes are also an amazing shade of blue, and her hair seems soft. And she's always up for a laugh. Perhaps my time in National City won't be as insufferable as I thought. Sitting at my new desk I couldn't help but take glances at the blonde, laughing with her friends as she wrote articles. I was planning on drinking alone tonight but maybe some company wouldn't be so terrible. She probably wouldn't want to come with it just being the two of us but perhaps if I invite some of her friends... it's decided. I call James into my office, he stands probably ready to revive a new assignment.
     "Would you like to get drinks after work?" I ask getting straight to the point.
     "Why would I do that?" He asked slowly, "We aren't friends."
     "Yes but we could be, and could you also invite Nia, Kara, and Winn I think was his name."
      "You might as well tell me to invite my whole friend group."
     "If I were you I'd watch your snarky remarks, I'm not telling you to do anything. I am simply asking you out for drink with some people I can tell have good hearts to try and make some friends. You have every right to say no."
      He pauses for only a beat, "I'll ask but I can't promise Kara will say yes. She normally isn't one for drinking."
     "Thank you James. You may now get back to work." I dismiss him going back to the computer.
     Hopefully Kara won't turn him down. The entire point this is to just get the blonde drunk. I have no interest in getting to know any of the other employees personally except for Kara. If that means befriending the people in her life so be it. To my delight James said everyone was on bored but Kara insists she brings her sister with her to take her home Incase she does indeed decide to get drunk, which probably won't happen but better safe than sorry. No I just have to wait for the rest of the day to drag in until I can get her drunk... hopefully.