Chapter 14

Jisu placed her tote bag on the table before taking a seat in front of an iMac.

After the 3 left for basketball practice, Chaeryeong had to meet up with her members from the dance club, leaving Jisu alone with a few hours to spare before her dinner with Soobin at 7.

And so she made her way to the library, which was conveniently right beside the coffee shop.

The library was one of her favourite spots on campus and if it weren't for her fashion major requiring the studio to do most of her work, she would probably be in the library every other chance she got.

The library was one of the best facilities the university had to offer. 

It had a modern design, large glass windows that allowed natural light to brighten the place in the mornings and showcased the beautiful dark purple sky at night, tons of working space and desks equipped with the most up-to-date computer hardware and system, large comfortable sofas and even sleeping pods much like those you could find at the Google headquarters, and an impressive selection of books that covered every field of study a student could ask for.

Jisu turned on the iMac in front of her, typing in her school username and password before clicking on the Chrome software.

She briefly thought for a few minutes the best keywords she could think of that could potentially show her the results she wanted to find.

Hwang ... Entertainment ... owners Jisu silently spoke in her head as she typed these words into the search bar.

She was trying to get more information related to Yeji's time in the States, a clue or a hint that could maybe tell her even just briefly what Yeji did or went through on the other side of the globe and though she wasn't sure where to start, she thought it best to begin from the catalyst of it all: the death of the girls parents.

Hwang Entertainment was one of if not the largest entertainment company in the entire world, specializing in spreading Korean entertainment to the world. 

They were also considered to be pioneers of the industry, being the first to break into the Western market. From kpop idols to actors and actresses to talk show hosts, variety stars and even sports analysts and reporters, they had every field covered.

There was no way the death of the company's founders would go unnoticed.

However, oddly enough, Jisu wasn't able to find a single article on the web that had reported the incident, even after scrolling down 3 years-worth of pages related to Yeji's company.

Hwang Entertainment Documents Largest Profit Margin in the Last 5 years.

Hwang Entertainment Releases End of Year Report, Hints at Possible Plans for Next Year.

Hwang Entertainment Soon to Break Into the World of Hollywood.

Hwang Entertainment to Debut 2 New Groups, claiming them to be "revolutionary".

Page after page of articles, covering practically everything but the death of their founders.

Jisu couldn't find anything.

It was as if it didn't happen.

She recalled back to three years ago, and from her memories, she didn't remember there was any sort of coverage of the event whatsoever. 

But then again, she did lock herself up in her own world, so she wasn't entirely confident her memories were even reliable.

She continued to scroll further and further, her brain heating up from confusion and frustration to the point that she began to doubt Yeji's own words.