14: An Unexpected Visitor

Note to Readers:  Chapter edited on 12/12/20.

Sofia didn't sleep well after they got back. Riddle had locked her in her room for days, sending in Snape with food. She had to use a bedpan. Sofia went red as Snape had to clean up after her, complaining the entire time.

One night, when Sofia had stopped eating and refused to get out of bed her mind drifted off to sleep. She woke up in the middle of the night to someone's voice.

"Sofia. Sofia! It's time to get up." A man's soothing voice called out to me.

Her mind couldn't completely focus. An older man with a grey beard looked down at her with concern. Sofia didn't recognize him at first, he had a familiar face.

"Is this real?" She asked.

"If it wasn't, would that make my presence unwelcome?" He asked.

Sofia forced herself to sit up and swung her legs around the side of the bed and rubbed her eyes. Recognition slowly made it's way into her sleepy brain as she looked into the eyes of Albus Dumbledore.

She stood up, touching the sides of his arms for a reality check. "How are you here?"

"We don't have much time, it was difficult for me to get through to you," Dumbledore said. He pointed at the ceiling "Perhaps that will explain things."

Sofia looked up and her bed was now upside down on the ceiling. "I'm dreaming?"

"Follow me." He said.

"Riddle locked the door from the other side." Sofia objected.

"In dreams anything is possible. Think of the spell to unlock the door, imagine casting the movements of it, and believe that it will open." He explained.

She placed her palm on the door, focusing on his words.  "Alohomora."

The door made a clicking sound as she pushed it open. Sofia smiled at Dumbledore.

"Hurry." He said

He rushed out and started up the stairs, with Sofia chasing after him to keep up. They stopped on the 7th floor.

"Do you know what room is on this floor?" He asked.

She tried to think, but her foggy brain refused to budge. Sofia shook her head.

"The Room of Requirement. This room can be anything you want it to be. It can be a place of safety for those that are looking for a secure room." He said.

Sofia looked at the blank wall in front of her and desired a room to hide in. A door appeared and she went inside, though it was empty.

She smiled back at Dumbledore, but his image started to fade. "Be careful about what doors you choose to go through Sofia."

Then he was gone.

The hard floor beneath her made her body ache. Sofia stirred, finally opening her eyes. She had been dreaming. She wondered what time it was. She got up with a groan and looked around. Sofia took one look at her surroundings and rushed out. The door vanished after she left, and she hurried back to her room.

How? How did she sleepwalk and end up here? The door was locked. Did she really get a visit from Albus Dumbledore? In her dream, she had cast a wandless spell.

She looked around, the halls were empty. It must be early in the morning. Sofia slowly opened the door, cringing even though it made no noise. Riddle slept in his bed, curled up on his side. She tiptoed to the adjoining room. The door was still open. She turned the doorknob as it betrayed her with a loud creak.