Surprise

Cara:

"Is everyone ready?" I asked Dominic's assistant.

"Yes ma'am." She replied respectfully.

People kept turning back as I walked towards Dominic's cabin.

"Excuse me ma'am. But you're not allowed to stay here." A woman said.

"Yes I can." I replied impatiently. I'm so freaking nervous. This is the first time I've prepared a surprise for Dominic.

Today is my lovely hubby's birthday. But unlike the traditional wishing at 12, I planned something different. I planned on wishing him exactly when he was born. Of course I already coordinated with his secretary and kept his schedule free for two hours.

Ben will also come but fifteen minutes later. Arranged so that if my hubby wanted 'thank' me, he'd at least have fifteen minutes to do so. Dominic is still in his meeting.

I held the cake tighter as a bead of sweat flowed down my temples. I hope he likes it. This is the first time I made a cake. That to red velvet no less. He loves this flavour. I'm not so great in cooking. In fact I don't know how to cook at all. I just hope it's taste is passable. Though it looks alright. Basically because I had help when I was making it.

"But ma'am-"

"It's alright Ms Anges. She has the authorization to stand wherever she wants. You may go ahead with your work." My husband's secretary said.

"I'm sorry ma'am. They don't know about your relationship with boss." She apologized when the lady left.

"I understand." I replied and checked the time.

Five minutes left.

"Go inform Dominic to end his meeting. I'll come in five minutes later. Make sure Dominic is the only one left inside." I ordered.

"Yes ma'am." She replied and went in.

I peeked in and smiled when I saw Dominic checking his phone. He has called me many times since morning but I didn't receive it. One because I was afraid that I would spill something and two because it would be more fun to irritate him first and surprise him later.

I couldn't keep it in any more and entered the room. "You seriously have such a thoughtless wife Mr Adam. She hasn't been replying to you all day on even such an important occasion. I don't know how you can love such a woman." I said teasingly.

Dominic looked up at me. There were other people in the room but I was just focused on him. The way the little frown on his forehead disappeared and a slow lazy but wicked smirk formed on his face and the way his eyes which had anger a few seconds ago now contained pure joy as them raked me up and down.

I blushed as I saw lust to soon accompany his happiness as he undressed me with his eyes.

"Tsk, what can I say. I'm a masochist. I like women that hurt. Especially if she as pretty as a fairy tastes pure divine." He replied.

I blushed at his dirty words and then glared at him for being so perverted in front of his business partner.

Someone said something just then but I just couldn't listen. My entire focus was on the Greek God in front of me. But Dominic frowned.

I moved forward to hug him when someone caught my hand. I frowned and looked at the person who destroyed my perfect moment with my husband only to come face to face with a man who made me want to vomit.

Third person:

"Cara how could you be so unprofessional. This is a work place you cannot just barge in and try to make things up with me. I've already tried every possible way to talk to you and make you forgive me but you always ignored me and even insulted me. Things are out of my control now. Now stop making a scene over here and leave." Dante said feeling smug of himself.

That's how one should treat women, thought Dante. If you pamper them too much, they get out of control and think you would grovel to them all the time. You should always be stern to them and never be too loving. Just like he did with Cara. As long as he ran after her, she ignored him. Now it's her turn to grovel. It's high time this princess understood who was more dominant in this relationship and who had to always make way for other.

Alas, his beautiful dreams were crushed by Cara's next line.

"What the fuck are they doing over here?" Cara asked bewildered.

"Chattering around. Forget them and come here." Dominic said lovingly. His earlier anger already thrown out of the window. He forgot about the annoying existences in the room as he only focused Cara. Besides, how can he be angry on such a beautiful wife who prepared such an amazing surprise for him especially if her eyes were begging for approval. He melted into a puddle.

No matter how much I pamper this woman, it will always be less. I wish I can spoil her rotten. So much so that no one else could bere her tantrums and she had no other option except being with me.

Cara blushed again, freed her hands from Dante, kept the cake on the table and flew straight into his arms. They hugged each other tightly, immersed in their own sweet world while the rest of the people were in chaos.

Their eyes popped out of their sockets as they saw the two hugging.

"Could you guys come out now. Mrs and Mr Adam would like some private time." The secretary said not knowing how to talk to them. Dante's earlier reaction told her that he had a history with Mrs Adam and she didn't think it was right to let him stay any longer.

"Mrs Adam?" Sofia asked catching on the way the female secretary addressed Cara. Rests looked at Sofia and then at the secretary in  shock.

"Yes Mrs Adam. They have been married for almost six years." The secretary replied stepping away from them. She seriously felt these people not right in their head.

A/N: a funny incident just happened with me.

A few days ago I went out with my father to buys some house supplies. Next to the supermarket was a cloth shop with a banner saying "exhibition cum sale". Instantly I remembered a comment posted on my other story that… well laughed at the double innuendo of the word and I couldn't help but smiling. When my father asked what happened I instantly shut up, not knowing what to say.

You guys have polluted my brain. Therefore I'll go ahead and pollute yours in return.

Chio.