Chapter 64

After eating dinner, Shy went to the bedroom to get dressed. I thought i'd catch up on some work, but didn't even start. My mind couldn't focus knowing who was in my space.

I headed to the bedroom to see Shy standing in front of the mirror taking her earrings off. She looked at me through the reflection, her eyes darkening.

Red lips, soft eyes and her hair pulled away from her face. When she turned to face me, she looked up at me with shiny eyes. "You looked handsome today."

The corners of my mouth lifted. She took a step closer to me and placed her hand on my tie. Her eyes remained on it, quickly becoming distant. "Sometimes...I wonder how I got so lucky."

If only she knew every other man out there ready to marry her on the spot. I cupped her face in my hands.

"I'm the one who got lucky." I said before pressing my lips to hers. She smiled softly and continued taking her jewellery off.

We both got dressed into more comfortable clothes. Her, my black button up shirt that she left completely unbuttoned.

She slipped into bed, a sigh escaping her mouth as I watched her from afar. I didn't even realise I was smiling like a fucker who just won the lottery.

I shook it off and put my clothes away in the wardrobe. "Hey, what's this?" She asked. I turned to see she was holding my book.

"A book?" I replied sarcastically and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Gee, i had no idea." She replied as she read the title. "You read?"

"Yeah, sometimes." I shrugged and slipped into bed with her. My eyes watched as her face lit up. A grin stretched across her mouth.

"No way. The Enzo Santini reads with his own will." She exclaimed before holding her gaze on me. "Do you know how hot that is?"

Fuck, I never thought she'd get excited with such a little thing. She put the book away and laid her head on the pillow, facing me. "Will you read to me one day?"

Struck by her smile, my hand got caught in her hair. "Whenever you want, mio amore."

The sound of my doorbell ringing snapped me out of my daze. I got up and advanced to the door, seeing Emiliano.

"Emiliano you better have a perfect fucking explanation for-"

"You don't have to worry about father anymore."

My eyes narrowed in a calculating way. "What did you do?"

"It doesn't matter. I talked to him, he agreed to stay out of your life as long as you do the same."

I took in his words, my eyes hardening before I muttered a cold. "Good."

He pulled something out of his pocket and handed it to me. "What you asked for. Good luck brother."

My hand closed on what he gave me, my lips pursing.

"And I don't expect to make allies with any Solace anytime soon, so keep her away from me."

"Fine."

He shook his head and walked away. I watched him go into the elevator in silence, and when he was gone I closed the door.

My father was a coward. But I couldn't have felt more happy the bastard willingly chose to get out of my life.

I had Shy, she was my everything. I didn't need anyone else.

I turned back, not expecting to see Shy standing there. She had her hand on the counter and a blank expression on her face.

When I walked towards her she wrapped her arms around my neck. She never said anything, but I already understood she was trying to comfort me.