Chapter 27

Harry's POV

I had just arrived back from my four days in L.A. Usually landing on U.K ground was a relief, but today I felt the opposite. My group chat with the people from our California trip had been blowing up. They were persistent with getting the group back together for dinner out at some fancy sushi place and then going home to Grimmy for the afterparty. Even if Bianca had been quite in the chat for most part I knew that this meant that she would be there too.

I knew that I had asked her for space, and she had done and given me just what I asked for. But of course I missed her. How could you not miss someone who you had feelings for? There's a difference in want and want. I had foolishly mistaken her for wanting me the same as I wanted her. The difference was that she had wanted me in her drunken haze. Still, I couldn't ignore the feeling I had of being ripped off. Space had only given me more time to realise how I wasn't being foolish, I was just being fooled. My ego didn't do well with that realisation, and my pride did even worse.

As I was now in a car directly going to the dinner from the airport I did my best to swallow that pride. I didn't want the whole group to know, it was enough that Mitch knew. After the first night at Casper's bar I had told Mitch about Bianca and me. There was no Bianca and me, but I had told him about how I wanted it to be. I needed someone to talk to. I was out of my head. To have my mind consumed by her was too much for handling myself, and I needed somewhere to vent.

When I walked in the restaurant the whole group was already surrounded by the big table. The group started waving as if I hadn't already seen them and I smiled and waved back.

Even with a little time away, my heart taking a few punches and my ego getting a bunch of kicks, even then my eyes couldn't help their immediate search for her. I found between Grimmy and Clare, and as always she was gorgeous. Our eyes met only for a moment. Yet I still looked at her long enough to register how her clear blue t-shirt t-shirt with a french word on it matched perfectly with her clear blue trousers and enhanced the orange on her perfect lips, the lips I kept dreaming about. When it hit me that those lips were never to belong to me my pride took another beating and I quickly looked away.

Thankfully since they were all already sitting down I didn't need to greet everyone of them personally. I sat down next to Sarah on the edge of the big booth and she handed me a drink.

"So how was L.A?" Asked Adam as I sat down and we waited to order the food. I felt everyone's eyes on me, and I mean everyone... I tried my hardest not to meet hers. I was still too upset and bitter to give her the confirmation she was begging for. My attempt at swallowing my pride was useless and it only made me get back to the cold demeanor and treatment.

"Good, busy and different doing movie promo... But still good." I answered him with a plastered smile. I shrugged before I continued, "But I have more of this coming up so..." I dragged out the words, trying to find the ending of my sentence but Grimmy jumped in instead.

"We hope you are as ready for your promo on BBC as we are." He cheesed and grabbed Bianca around the shoulder, squeezing her tight to him. Her hair fell over her shoulders and with the help of her bangs managed to hide most of her face when she looked down with that shy and nervous giggle. "Right Sugar?" Grimmy asked for the same enthusiasm from her. She looked up at him, biting the inside of her cheek before turning to me. Our eyes met in a reciprocal eye contact, neither of us being able to look away with the interaction unfolding in front of everyone else.

"Absolutely." Bianca stated firmly and happily. With receiving warmness from her, shining the way only she could, my ego couldn't do anything else than respond in the most passive way. I nodded at the both of them, hoping that it would be enough to not be questioned as weird. The only two people who would pick up on how off I was were Bianca and Mitch. Bianca's response was to wiggle her way out of Grimmy's hold and take a sip of her drink, looking down at the table. A part of me was hurting just by seeing her hurt, but another part enjoyed the let down she felt so I knew that I also had an effect on her.