𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐝

𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

"I want a divorce, Aseth," you calmly stated as you trained your gaze upon the seated figure of a blue haired man, whose contemplative eyes were glued to the age dappled pages of a book in his hand

Despite the gravity of your words, your husband remained serene, and continued to stare at the pages before him, as if he was too absorbed by the written words to pay attention to you. But you knew he registered your words, for his soft, cornflower blue eyes were no longer moving along the breadth of the page. Instead they gazed at one spot, still as the untouched water of an ancient lake.

Finally closing the book with a soft thump, he looked up at you, and gazed straight into your eyes.

"...Why?"

The simple question came out in a soft whisper of a breath, as if spending anymore energy would be too exhaustive for him.

"You know why. Don't pretend that this relationship is working," you gritted the words out, feeling tiredness seep into your bones, "I don't love you."

You frankly didn't have a clue how your marriage lasted for as long as it did. It wasn't that Aseth was a bad person per say, it was simply that he wasn't a good husband. He was hot and cold— smothering you with affection one day and ignoring your entire existence the next.

The entire lack of moderation in either case swung your feelings and your heart alike much like a pendulum, going from one extreme to the other, causing your emotional distress to quietly build up with each complete oscillation.

It had bothered you for a long while now, and given that he kept shutting you down every time you brought it up, it drove you to the edge of your sanity. At times you felt like you were the one at fault— after all, he accepted you fully— flaws and all.

Over time though, your grievances had snowballed until it couldn't be ignored any further. If he wasn't willing to acknowledge, much less fix his end of the problem, what else could you do, truly?

Aseth's visage looked pensive as he processed your pressed confession, resting his chin against the palm of his hand as he continued to gaze at your rather frazzled state. The deathly silent room amplified the sound of your thumping heart in an uncomfortable manner as you waited for his response. No matter the outcome though, you were thankful that for once he looked to be taking your words seriously.

"Fine. If that is what you want, let us get a divorce."

Your eyes widened at his resolute words, ears unbelieving. Aseth was many things— stubborn, cautious and methodical... and definitely not this amenable.