Chapter 11: "Matsuda"

"Well... umm." Misa mumbled shuffling through the piles of paper she had. Before she could finish talking she let out a gasp. L started to sprint towards her. "N-never mind!" She said quickly turning right back to the elevator and shutting the door in Ryuzaki's face. His eyes focused on Light.

Soon Light let out a small chuckle and then sat back down. "How mysterious." He said with a devilish smirk. "Matsuda, follow her." Ryuzaki ordered, he was very interested. Matsuda hurried into the elevator and with a small ding he began zooming down the many many floors. We waited for seconds that turned into minutes that turned into hours.

"Hey, Ryuzaki." I mumbled, not sure if I should say what I'm planning on saying. The attention suddenly turned to me. Aizawa raised an eyebrow and opened his mouth to speak but before he could L interrupted. "Yes?" L said plainly, he seemed to know what I was going to say.

"Do you think Matsuda is... still alive?" I said as a drop of sweat ran down my cheek. Everyone gasped. L looked surprised, but that emotion slowly changed to worry. Before anyone could speak the elevator opened. Matsuda walked out with his legs stumbling and then he collapsed to the ground. I gasped and then leapt toward Matsuda.

"I'm not... dying." Matsuda said slowly with a short breath. "I-I found Misa... she w-was shredding the- ugh!" Before he could finish talking he yelped in pain and then he put his hand onto his wrist. How could I not notice! He had been stabbed through the hand and was bleeding badly. "I studied in medical areas so I might be able to help!" Yelled L rushing towards his emergency kit on the wall, he shattered the glass.

Matsuda began to smile. "At least we know who Misa truly is right...?" He said with a small chuckle. "She has to be Kira... or at least Kira two." He continued struggling to speak. I tried to get Matsuda to stop talking and rest but he just insisted he was fine.
Suddenly L placed his hands on the knife that was in Matsuda's hand."I'm going to start pulling this, stay calm."

L's voice was so soft and calming I could see Matsuda start to calm down. With a strong pull L slipped the knife out of Matsuda's hand. Immediately after he did that he tossed bandages to me and told me to get ready. L opened the kit and pulled out some ointment and a white cloth. He poured the liquid on the cloth and then began wiping the wound.

The blood started the stop pouring as L continued to wipe and wipe away. He was doing so well too, constantly reassuring Matsuda he would be fine. If L truly cares for no one then... explain this! "Hey (Y/n) now!" He said directing his eyes to the bandages I had tightly held in my hands. L stuck a small wood stick onto Matsuda's hand that led all the way down to his elbow. After he did that I began to wrap.

After his arm was fully wrapped we put it into a small sling and then stood him up. He looked dazed, out of it. I leaned in closely, he was mumbling something. "T-the knife... it flew at me!" Matsuda explained.