Chapter 16

"Pain forces even the innocent to lie..."
-Pubilius syrus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

Bella's POV:- 

At night, I cooked. For the first time since I came to this house I cooked dinner and it was for Caleb. Yes, I still felt bad that I said those things to him. He apologized for his mistake, I should too..

And by the way, I ate all the chocolates that were in that box. They were so delicious that I couldn't resist and I was hungry too.. I left one for him too, though he doesn't deserve to have it.

At around nine, I walked to his study and tried on the knob. It was locked as usual. I sighed hoping he wouldn't be angry at me still, so I knocked on the door. Once, twice... thrice.. No response..

"Caleb, open the door" I said raising my voice so that he could hear me. Still no response. 

"Caleb..." I called again when suddenly the telephone from the kitchen counter started ringing, making me jump.

I left for the kitchen and recieved the call, surprised to see it was a home number... from this house.

"Hello?" I said hesitatingly.

"It's me" Caleb's stern voice flowed through.

"Caleb? Where are you? Why are you calling.."

"Why are you knocking?" He asked in a groggy voice.

"You are home? Then why aren't you opening the door?" 

"I'm busy" His voice looked strained, "What is it?"

 "It's just that the dinner is ready, come out" I said cheerfully.

"The dinner's arrived? Good.. I'll eat later. You start..." Caleb stated. We always have our food delivered from a renowned Restuarant.. Every single night.. So, it's not surprising if he thinks today was same as every other day. He didn't know I cancelled today's order. I was thinking of surprising him when...

"But, Caleb.." I hesitated.

"What? What more...?" Caleb was getting impatient.

"Just come out, will you?" 

"I.. I can't.. Do you want something?" Caleb enquired.