2

BANG BANG "ANDREA GRACE COLLINS GET UP RIGHT NOW" I groan, the last voice I want to hear the morning is my step aunts voice but there it was. Annoying as ever. "Coming and its ANNA you witch" I say in response, knowing it would piss her off. But I didn't care, I was trash to her so why treat her like royalty.

I pull myself out of bed and got ready. Once I look more presentable, I went through the massive corridor and down the grand marble stairs.

All of my obnoxiously rich cousins were already sitting at the table eating breakfast the private chef made for them.

None of them worked a day in their lives for anything. It was infuriating.

I smile at them trying not to cause any problems, then Macie speaks "So, who was dropping you off in that car last night? Thought you and all your little friends were poor"

Shit, I didn't even know Cade's last name. How was I supposed to explain that my now ex boyfriend was about to kill me for slapping him for an unwanted kiss. And a very handsome and probably very rich man saved me, then got me food, THEN brought me here. I racked my brain for an excuse.

"Oh that was my friend Jacob, it was his dad's car. My car broke down half way here, so he offered to drive me the rest of the way" Macie scoffed "Typical, of course your piece of shit car broke down"

"Macie Phyllis Montgomery, manners" my uncle snapped at my hateful cousin.

I couldn't help but snicker at her middle name, it was ugly, just like her. Macie was 5 months younger than me and had all sorts of implants and fillers. She looked so fake. But she had the means to spend money on stuff like that. I didn't, maybe I was jealous and didn't know myself but I knew I didn't like it.

My Aunt soon came in, "Anna, me and John need to have a word with you in private. Why don't we step into Your uncles office" her words almost seemed kind. Something is either seriously wrong or she randomly started feeling bad for me. My money is on some being wrong.

I stood up looking at all my cousins in confusion, they all had sinister smirks on their face, telling me they knew what was happening and they liked it. I took a deep breath and walked towards my uncles office.

My stomach is in my throat and my palms are sweating like crazy. Something isn't right, my step aunt is looking at me with a look that almost like pity.

Key word, almost.

My uncle is sitting at his desk with his head in his hands, "Anna, dear, I'm truly sorry, but we have to do this in order to make an alliance with the Grey's." uncle finally spits out. "W-What do you mean, what do business alliances have to do with me? I'm not involved with any of them." I say shakily. "Anna, even if I think you truly aren't apart of this family, it kills me that we have to do this. But Mr. Grey's son is about to takeover and in order for him to do so he needs a wife." my aunt says looking way to calm for what I think they are explaining. "Mr. Grey asked me if I had an eligible daughter for his son to marry. Macie is far to immature and Maddie is to young. We need this alliance Anna." my uncle was so calm as he spoke. "So let me get this straight, you are selling to so random future gang leader so you don't have your precious drug warehouses raided by the Grey's?" I finally yelled out. "Sweetheart, calm down. I know this seems scary and like we are betraying you but Mr. Grey's son has made it clear he has no intention of hurting you nor making advances you are uncomfortable with." my uncle said, trying to calm me down. "You will meet him tonight at the gala and you will leave with him as well. Do not try to make him angry Anna Grace. He is a dangerous man, ok? You will call him Mr. Grey and show him the upmost respect." he continued on.

I felt defeated. How was I supposed to marry a man who runs a criminal organization? I have school, friends, a life outside this.

I accepted my fate and went to my room, my step aunt and told me her stylist would be by later to make me look "presentable" I hated this. But if Mr. Grey likes me maybe he would protect me from this life. Who am I kidding though, he will probably be like every other man in my life, a let down.