9

The past few days have been hectic, to say the least. After Amon ambushed us during the match, the arena was completely destroyed. Korra and I were so close to him, we had him, but it all came crashing down- Literally. It's devastating, really. I was having so much fun with Mako and Bolin, seeing them play every night. It all happened so fast, and now it's over.

Since the arena is now under major reconstruction, Korra and I made arrangements with Tenzin to let the boys stay on the island with us, but by the time we told them the news, they already moved in... with Asami. That's ok, I guess. That is Mako's girlfriend, so it makes sense for them to go with her. Of course Korra was sour about it, and I admit I was, too, but Asami proved Korra wrong and showed her how cool she can be. So now I guess they're friends?

Is it weird that Asami and Korra are now friends? I mean, yeah, a little. But what's even weirder is Hiroshi being a an Equalist. Yes, you heard me right. Hiroshi is an Equalist! I didn't really like him anyway, but I still can't believe that happened, and poor Asami. I guess it isn't so shocking when you think about it. It was a bender who killed his wife, of course he's angry, sad, completely heartbroken. It doesnt justify his actions, but it does explain them. Love can make you do crazy things.

I know I should be happy, and I am. My best friends are here on the island now, Hiroshi is in prison... but something has been bothering me. When Korra and I busted Hiroshi, Asami and Mako didn't believe us at all, and they were mad. I mean really mad, and they said some really hurtful things despite us hearing Hiroshi with our own ears. Of course we were right, why would we lie? Sure Korra has a thing for Mako, but this is serious, and she wouldn't make something like this up.

Hiroshi attacked Korra, Tenzin, Lin, and I. Most importantly, he shipped Lin's metalbenders off to Amon himself. Hiroshi wasn't nearly as scary as Amon, but it was still a nightmare. I feel absolutely horrible that we couldn't save Lin's metalbenders.

Mako and Asami were really harsh before we proved to them that we weren't lying. Asami apologized to Korra and I, which she didn't really have to do. If someone told me my father was funding an anti-bender movement, I wouldn't believe it either- maybe my uncle, but never my father. Mako on the other hand, he apologized to Korra, and Korra only, which I take offence to. Is it so hard to take full responsibility and realize that he hurt me, too?

Since Hiroshi is in prison, Mako, Bolin, and Asami now live on Air temple island with us, and it's been really fun. Asami is like having another big sister, except with better fashion advice, and she's dating my crush. And Bolin is obviously my best friend, but as long as Mako continues to smile in my face and not apologize to me for calling me jealous and a liar, we'll never be ok.

...

Tenzin is currently taking Korra and I back home after an intense meeting with Tarrlok at the new chief of police sworn in ceremony. Tarrlok is a snake, and I don't trust him. He completely took advantage of Lin quitting, and he picked a guy who is willing to kiss his butt. I also didn't appreciate how he spoke to my sister. He's lucky I'm not trying to create anymore drama than we already have.

"I don't understand what's wrong with me. I've memorized nearly all of the practice forms, but I still can't produce a single measly puff of air!" Korra tells Tenzin.

I understand why she's frustrated, I am, too. She has yet to master air, and she's been trying for years.

"I'm a failure."

"No, you're not!" I exclaim.

"You just need to work through this airbending block," Tenzin tells her.

"Amazing advice. I'll get right on that."

"Stop being rude, he's trying to help you. Let him finish," I scold my sister, and then turn my attention back to Tenzin.