26

Your POV

"Don't you feel like there's something off about this place?" you ask V, keeping close proximity as you follow along.

"Hm" he responds, "there's something off about your face too"

"Go bald"

"You forgot to add the sexy bastard" A deep laugh bubbles up his throat. "It's been a while since I've heard that line from you"

"My perception of you has completely changed, so..."

"You know..." he begins, tongue sliding to poke his inner cheek. "aren't we supposed to kiss or something?"

"...say what"

"All the flirting and love talk online, I expected our reunion to be a little more romantic" he sighs, head tilting back to glance at you. "Instead, I'm stuck with ex servant"

"Ex servant yk" you let out a scoff, reminscent of the short time you worked for Taehyung. "Be honest, was that building I worked at really part of the government? Why were you even working there?"

"Oh, that was all fake. I hacked into the system. Speaking of which...Lucas..."

There were still many doubts and concerns raised about Lucas. The fact that he knew about the gateway and stopped you there by trying to erase your memories...he may even be lurking around here this very moment.

And what of Bakugou and Matthew? They seemed to randomly appear in times of convenience, what were their motives truly?

Your thoughts come to a halt when you snap back to reality; a certain mechanical creature catching your eye. "Hold up"

V pauses too, eyes widening once he realises where your gaze was directed at. "Was that...a spider robot?" 🕷

A vibrant red exudes out of two metal sockets, spindly legs covered in thousands of microfiber hairs. It looked larger than a tarantula, one leg mechanically inching closer.

"Hey, hold this for me" his low voice mutters into your ear, but the uncanny entity occupied your attention to the extent you paid him no heed.

Mildly, you reach from behind without looking back, fingers coming into contact with his cold ones. "Hold what? Pass it quick"

"My hands, they're heavy" he grins, tightening his grasp as he interlocks them with yours. And before you knew it, you both ran the fuck outta there.

-

When it was safe to say the robotic demon was out of sight, you both had found yourselves in a more open space than the alleyway you were previously at.

Large towers illuminate the city in a myriad of neon hues, golden specks accentuating the sparkling darkness.

"Bro..."

"Don't bro me"

"Sis"

"Don't sis me"

"Do"

"Don't do me" he pauses once he processes, "Actually, I don't mind that one"

"Oh" you smirk.

"...'Oh' my arsecrack. Anyway, I say we explore this.." he points towards a disc shaped hole in the ground, its walls smothered with graffiti. It seemed to lead to a tunnel of some sort, deeming it explore-worthy.

"You're right, let's see"

Before subtly stretching, you casually jump to the bottom, landing swiftly on the concrete ground. You glance up to see Taehyung gazing below, expression indecipherable.